South Mountain Community College
- Every year, approximately 7,500 students enroll in credit-bearing courses at South Mountain Community College (SMCC). More than half of all students attend SMCC with the intent to transfer to accredited colleges and universities, with a growing number graduating with a degree or certificate at SMCC prior to transfer.
- SMCC reflects the diversity of its service area, a rich mix of rural, urban, and suburban neighborhoods. Many of our students arrive from Phoenix, Laveen, Tempe, Guadalupe and surrounding communities to attend classes, both at the main campus near 24th Street and Baseline Road, and our offsite facilities in Guadalupe and Laveen.
- Our small, personalized classes are offered days, evenings and online, and are led by an engaged and accomplished faculty. Career and academic counseling are also available. One of the ten colleges within the Maricopa Community College District, SMCC is a federally-designated Minority Serving Institution and Hispanic Serving Institution. SMCC is also a Strengths-Based Institution, helping you first determine your own personal strengths, and then strategies to maximize those strengths in your academic and career choices. Visit our Main Campus at 7050 S. 24th Street; our Guadalupe Center, 9233 S. Avenida del Yaqui (Priest Road, south of Guadalupe Road); or our Laveen Center, 7900 S. 43rd Avenue. We look forward to helping you reach your educational and career goals!
- Enrollment: 3,497 students
- In-state tuition: $1,854
- Out-state tuition: $7,638
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 87%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Behavioral Health Services (BHS), Bilingual Student Nursing Association (BSNA), Black Student Union (BSU), Circle of Nations, Club Teach, Collegiate DECA (Business Club), International Friends Club, MEChA, Medical Scrub Club, Phi Theta Kappa (Honor Society), Pre-Pharmacy Club, SHPE: Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Spirit Club, Spotlight Productions (Drama Club), Student Governance, Think South Mountain (TSM), Veterans Club
- Our Vision
- South Mountain Community College educates minds, transforms lives, touches hearts, and builds community.
- Our Mission
- South Mountain Community College provides quality higher education for our diverse community. We create a caring teaching and learning environment that fosters student development and supports productive citizenship in an increasingly global and technological society.
- Our purpose is to meet these needs by offering:
- General education courses
- Transfer programsOccupational education and career development
- Continuing education
- Developmental studies and English as a second language
- Cultural, civic, and social events
- Academic support and student services
- Our Values
- We are inspired and guided by our core values:
- COLLABORATION: We are inclusive in our relationships with colleagues, departments and community, and respectful of their ideas.
- COMMUNITY: We serve our community by recognizing our inter-dependence, celebrating our history, honoring our diverse cultures, and building our future.
- EXCELLENCE: We model exemplary teaching, learning, service and leadership through continuous improvement, creativity and innovation.
- INTEGRITY: We are accountable to the communities we serve and are truthful, sincere, transparent and responsible for our actions.
- WELLBEING: We are a college community that encourages and develops social, physical, career, community and financial wellbeing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does South Mountain Community College cost?
South Mountain Community College's tuition is approximately $1,854 for In-State students and $7,638 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of South Mountain Community College?
The acceptance rate of South Mountain Community College is 100%, which is equal to the state average of 100%.
What sports does South Mountain Community College offer?
South Mountain Community College offers 6 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.