Tel: (480) 545-8755
- At Brookline College Tempe, we train students in the skills that todayï¿½s employers want to see. In this way, we help prepare them to compete for entry-level positions in their career fields after they graduate. The campus offers a variety of the fastest growing Healthcare programs available and Criminal Justice. The programs include Criminal Justice, Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant, Medical Insurance Billing & Coding, Patient Care Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy Technician and Surgical Technology. For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://brooklinecollege.edu/ge-disclosures/
The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brookline College-Tempe||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||66 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||9||14|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||90%||81%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,022||$5,022|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- International Institute of the Americas (IIA) was originally incorporated and licensed in Arizona on October 18, 1979 as Arizona Institute of Business and Technology (AIBT), a non-profit business and technical school. On April 23, 1999, AIBT was awarded Junior College status and received approval to offer the Associate of Arts (AA) degree at all campus locations. In 2001, the International Institute of the Americas, then AIBT, was awarded Senior College status and received approval to offer degrees at the Baccalaureate level (BA). In 2002, Arizona Institute of Business and Technology became International Institute of Americas (IIA). IIA's Phoenix Campus, the main facility, is located at 43rd Avenue and Bethany Home Road and has been at that site since 1985. The West Valley branch opened in 1988 and moved to its current location in 1993. The Mesa branch opened in 1990. The Tucson branch opened in 1995 and relocated to its current address in 2001. In 2002, a fourth branch was opened in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Diploma programs offered at International Institute Of The Americas includes Automated Accounting, Business Technology, Clinical Technician, Computer Technology, Detention & Security, Medical Assistant and Patient Care Technician. Associate Programs includes Accounting, Business Technology, Clinical Technician, Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician, Justice Administration, Legal Assisting, Microcomputer Network and Nursing. Bachelor Program is offered in Management. International Institute of the Americas (IIA) is a Senior College accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Certificates, Diplomas, Associate of Arts, and Bachelor of Arts Degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 20,215 students | 0.80 Mi2323 W 14th St
Tempe,  AZ  85281
(480) 517-8000 0.8020,215
- 986 students | 2.30 Mi1100 East Apache Blvd
Tempe,  AZ  85281
(480) 994-9244 2.30986
- 912 students | 2.80 Mi4210 E Washington Street
Phoenix,  AZ  85034
(480) 676-5843 2.80912
- 5,950 students | 3.00 Mi108 N. 40th Street
Phoenix,  AZ  85034
(602) 392-5000 3.005,950
- 12 students | 4.70 Mi875 W. Elliot Road Suite 206
Tempe,  AZ  85284
(480) 898-7000 4.7012
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!