Somerset Community College
- Somerset Community College, located in south-central Kentucky, is a comprehensive community and technical college with a mission to provide quality, affordable, and accessible educational and training opportunities that address the needs of its district. The college offers students educational experiences and associated services through traditional campus-based and distance learning modalities that promote intellectual curiosity and lifelong learning and encourage aesthetic awareness and social responsibility.
- The teacher population of 224 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Somerset Community College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||224 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,995 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,376 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,619 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,700||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Somerset Community College has campuses in Somerset and London with centers in McCreary, Clinton, and Russell counties. Somerset Community College provides academic, general education, and technical curricula leading to certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees. It has a general academic curriculum of university-parallel courses and programs meeting requirements of the first two years of a baccalaureate degree. It also offers technical and occupational curricula and provides adult and continuing education. Associated services includes library services, cultural and enrichment opportunities, information technology resources, and appropriate student support services. At Somerset Community College, you will be a part of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. The community college enjoys full accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Somerset Community College is Bluegrass Community and Technical College (67.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,952 students | 67.00 Mi470 Cooper Drive
Lexington,  KY  40506
- 979 students | 67.70 Mi2376 Sir Barton Way
Lexington,  KY  40509
- 186 students | 72.00 Mi1648 McGrathiana Pkwy #200
Lexington,  KY  40511
- 1,140 students | 75.00 Mi512 E. Stephens St
Midway,  KY  40347
- 226 students | 79.30 Mi1025 Highway 111
Cookeville,  TN  38501
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.