Somerset Community College
Tel: (877) 629-9722
- Somerset Community College, located in south-central Kentucky, is a comprehensive community and technical college with a mission to provide quality, affordable, and accessible educational and training opportunities that address the needs of its district. The college offers students educational experiences and associated services through traditional campus-based and distance learning modalities that promote intellectual curiosity and lifelong learning and encourage aesthetic awareness and social responsibility.
The teacher population of 224 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Somerset Community College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||224 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Somerset Community College has campuses in Somerset and London with centers in McCreary, Clinton, and Russell counties. Somerset Community College provides academic, general education, and technical curricula leading to certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees. It has a general academic curriculum of university-parallel courses and programs meeting requirements of the first two years of a baccalaureate degree. It also offers technical and occupational curricula and provides adult and continuing education. Associated services includes library services, cultural and enrichment opportunities, information technology resources, and appropriate student support services. At Somerset Community College, you will be a part of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. The community college enjoys full accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Somerset Community College is Bluegrass Community and Technical College (67.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,952 students | 67.00 Mi470 Cooper Drive
Lexington,  KY  40506
(859) 246-6200 67.0010,952
- 979 students | 67.80 Mi2376 Sir Barton Way
Lexington,  KY  40509
(859) 253-0621 67.80979
- 186 students | 72.10 Mi1648 McGrathiana Pkwy #200
Lexington,  KY  40511
(859) 410-2110 72.10186
- 1,140 students | 75.20 Mi512 E. Stephens St
Midway,  KY  40347
(859) 846-4421 75.201,140
- 226 students | 79.20 Mi1025 Highway 111
Cookeville,  TN  38501
(931) 526-3660 79.20226
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.