Somerset Community College
Tel: (877) 629-9722
- Somerset Community College, located in south-central Kentucky, is a comprehensive community and technical college with a mission to provide quality, affordable, and accessible educational and training opportunities that address the needs of its district. The college offers students educational experiences and associated services through traditional campus-based and distance learning modalities that promote intellectual curiosity and lifelong learning and encourage aesthetic awareness and social responsibility.
The teacher population of 224 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Somerset Community College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||224 staff||100 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Somerset Community College has campuses in Somerset and London with centers in McCreary, Clinton, and Russell counties. Somerset Community College provides academic, general education, and technical curricula leading to certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees. It has a general academic curriculum of university-parallel courses and programs meeting requirements of the first two years of a baccalaureate degree. It also offers technical and occupational curricula and provides adult and continuing education. Associated services includes library services, cultural and enrichment opportunities, information technology resources, and appropriate student support services. At Somerset Community College, you will be a part of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. The community college enjoys full accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Somerset Community College is Bluegrass Community and Technical College (67.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,525 students | 67.00 Mi470 Cooper Drive
Lexington,  KY  40506
(859) 246-6200 67.009,525
- 299 students | 67.80 Mi2376 Sir Barton Way
Lexington,  KY  40509
(859) 253-0621 67.80299
- 1,668 students | 75.20 Mi512 E. Stephens St
Midway,  KY  40347
(859) 846-4421 75.201,668
- 214 students | 79.20 Mi1025 Highway 111
Cookeville,  TN  38501
(931) 526-3660 79.20214
- 3,185 students | 80.30 MiOne Community College Drive
Hazard,  KY  41701
(606) 487-3503 80.303,185
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.