Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Tel: (859) 246-6200
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) is one of the fastest-growing two-year community and technical colleges in the state. Our mission, as a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, is to provide excellence in teaching and learning. Through comprehensive and responsive programs and services, the college sustains a strong partnership with our communities to improve economic vitality and quality of life in the region. BCTC offers daytime, evening and weekend classes at six convenient campus locations. Classes are also offered in Lancaster, Georgetown-Scott County, downtown Lexington and online. We have several academic and technical programs that fit your needs, including two-year associate degrees, certificates and diplomas in dozens of sought-after careers. Whatever BCTC program you choose, you'll benefit from caring, experienced professors, helpful staff, and excellent facilities.
The teacher population of 404 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bluegrass Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||404 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Bluegrass Community and Technical College is National College-Lexington (4.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 979 students | 4.40 Mi2376 Sir Barton Way
Lexington,  KY  40509
(859) 253-0621 4.40979
- 186 students | 5.10 Mi1648 McGrathiana Pkwy #200
Lexington,  KY  40511
(859) 410-2110 5.10186
- 1,140 students | 12.90 Mi512 E. Stephens St
Midway,  KY  40347
(859) 846-4421 12.901,140
- 3,478 students | 55.90 Mi1755 U.S. Hwy 68
Maysville,  KY  41056
(606) 759-7141 55.903,478
- 439 students | 59.40 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
(502) 371-8330 59.40439
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.