Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Tel: (859) 246-6200
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) is one of the fastest-growing two-year community and technical colleges in the state. Our mission, as a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, is to provide excellence in teaching and learning. Through comprehensive and responsive programs and services, the college sustains a strong partnership with our communities to improve economic vitality and quality of life in the region. BCTC offers daytime, evening and weekend classes at six convenient campus locations. Classes are also offered in Lancaster, Georgetown-Scott County, downtown Lexington and online. We have several academic and technical programs that fit your needs, including two-year associate degrees, certificates and diplomas in dozens of sought-after careers. Whatever BCTC program you choose, you'll benefit from caring, experienced professors, helpful staff, and excellent facilities.
- The teacher population of 404 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bluegrass Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||404 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,952 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,026 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,926 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,900||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Bluegrass Community and Technical College is National College-Lexington (4.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 979 students | 4.40 Mi2376 Sir Barton Way
Lexington,  KY  40509
(859) 253-0621 4.40979
- 186 students | 5.10 Mi1648 McGrathiana Pkwy #200
Lexington,  KY  40511
(859) 410-2110 5.10186
- 1,140 students | 12.90 Mi512 E. Stephens St
Midway,  KY  40347
(859) 846-4421 12.901,140
- 3,478 students | 55.90 Mi1755 U.S. Hwy 68
Maysville,  KY  41056
(606) 759-7141 55.903,478
- 439 students | 59.40 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
(502) 371-8330 59.40439
To accommodate students' schedules, along with growing enrollment rates, community colleges are offering classes in the late evening. Learn more about why you may be taking midnight classes at a campus near you.
An interesting case arose this week over a community college student in North Carolina that posted a rant about a new campus policy on his Facebook page. The student was suspended for two semesters, but quickly reinstated amid a flurry of protests over his free speech rights.
We examine the advantages and disadvantages of using online classes to earn your two-year degree.