Santiago Canyon College
- Santiago Canyon College (SCC) is a diverse learning community dedicated to intellectual and personal growth. Our purpose is to foster a learning environment that helps students develop knowledge and understanding, critical thinking, sound decision making, cultural awareness, effective communication skills, and a commitment to local and global citizenship. Santiago Canyon College offers a comprehensive curriculum that includes university transfer, associate degree and certificate programs. In addition, we provide community services, career education, continuing education, high school diploma program, basic skills development, and a range of support services for full and part-time students, including those with family and career responsibilities. At SCC, we encourage students to plan, implement, and evaluate their educational progress through meaningful reflection and interaction with both the college and community. Our mission is to educate students regarding College policies, procedures, services, and Online Records by providing clear and concise information. Since Admissions & Records staff members believe that service to students is our top priority, it is our goal to provide information within a supportive and positive atmosphere.
- The teacher population of 204 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Santiago Canyon College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||204 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,321 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,765 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,556 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Water PoloBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
International Student Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Santiago Canyon College is Career Networks Institute (5.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 651 students | 5.60 Mi702 W Town and Country Rd
Orange,  CA  92868
- 342 students | 6.20 Mi2011 W. Chapman Avenue
Orange,  CA  92868
- 194 students | 6.60 Mi201 E. 4th Street, Suite 200
Santa Ana,  CA  92701
- 29,590 students | 7.30 Mi1530 W. 17th Street
Santa Ana,  CA  92706
- 13,157 students | 8.10 Mi5500 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine,  CA  92618
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.