Santiago Canyon College
- Santiago Canyon College (SCC) is a diverse learning community dedicated to intellectual and personal growth. Our purpose is to foster a learning environment that helps students develop knowledge and understanding, critical thinking, sound decision making, cultural awareness, effective communication skills, and a commitment to local and global citizenship. Santiago Canyon College offers a comprehensive curriculum that includes university transfer, associate degree and certificate programs. In addition, we provide community services, career education, continuing education, high school diploma program, basic skills development, and a range of support services for full and part-time students, including those with family and career responsibilities. At SCC, we encourage students to plan, implement, and evaluate their educational progress through meaningful reflection and interaction with both the college and community. Our mission is to educate students regarding College policies, procedures, services, and Online Records by providing clear and concise information. Since Admissions & Records staff members believe that service to students is our top priority, it is our goal to provide information within a supportive and positive atmosphere.
- The teacher population of 204 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Santiago Canyon College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||204 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,321 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,765 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,556 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Water PoloBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
International Student Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Santiago Canyon College is Career Networks Institute (5.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 651 students | 5.60 Mi702 W Town and Country Rd
Orange,  CA  92868
- 342 students | 6.20 Mi2011 W. Chapman Avenue
Orange,  CA  92868
- 194 students | 6.60 Mi201 E. 4th Street, Suite 200
Santa Ana,  CA  92701
- 29,590 students | 7.30 Mi1530 W. 17th Street
Santa Ana,  CA  92706
- 13,157 students | 8.10 Mi5500 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine,  CA  92618
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.