South Coast College
- South Coast College has become one of the leading providers of court reporter career training in California. Students who follow the Court Reporting program have been able to complete their training in a shorter time than they thought possible. South Coast College?s student-focused community is the right place for people who want to improve their lives and enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes with excelling professionally. Since our opening in 1985, we have been dedicated to the principle that education is the foundation for personal and professional growth. No matter what your career aspirations, train at Platt for the career of a lifetime. Our training programs are designed to prepare you for a new, exciting career in the rapidly growing legal or medical field. Our students can select from several hands-on programs.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Coast College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||10|
|Total Enrollment||342 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||233 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||109 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,000||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,906||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$24,196||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 651 students | 0.10 Mi702 W Town and Country Rd
Orange,  CA  92868
- 29,590 students | 2.10 Mi1530 W. 17th Street
Santa Ana,  CA  92706
- n/a students | 2.60 Mi1360 S Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim,  CA  92805
- 194 students | 2.80 Mi201 E. 4th Street, Suite 200
Santa Ana,  CA  92701
- 974 students | 3.80 Mi12951 Euclid Street, Suite 101
Garden Grove,  CA  92840
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.