South Coast College
- South Coast College has become one of the leading providers of court reporter career training in California. Students who follow the Court Reporting program have been able to complete their training in a shorter time than they thought possible. South Coast College?s student-focused community is the right place for people who want to improve their lives and enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes with excelling professionally. Since our opening in 1985, we have been dedicated to the principle that education is the foundation for personal and professional growth. No matter what your career aspirations, train at Platt for the career of a lifetime. Our training programs are designed to prepare you for a new, exciting career in the rapidly growing legal or medical field. Our students can select from several hands-on programs.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Coast College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||10|
|Total Enrollment||342 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||233 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||109 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,000||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,906||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$24,196||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 651 students | 1.10 Mi702 W Town and Country Rd
Orange,  CA  92868
- 29,590 students | 2.10 Mi1530 W. 17th Street
Santa Ana,  CA  92706
- n/a students | 2.60 Mi1360 S Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim,  CA  92805
- 194 students | 2.80 Mi201 E. 4th Street, Suite 200
Santa Ana,  CA  92701
- 974 students | 3.80 Mi12951 Euclid Street, Suite 101
Garden Grove,  CA  92840
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.