South Coast College
Tel: (714) 867-5009
- South Coast College has become one of the leading providers of court reporter career training in California. Students who follow the Court Reporting program have been able to complete their training in a shorter time than they thought possible. South Coast College?s student-focused community is the right place for people who want to improve their lives and enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes with excelling professionally. Since our opening in 1985, we have been dedicated to the principle that education is the foundation for personal and professional growth. No matter what your career aspirations, train at Platt for the career of a lifetime. Our training programs are designed to prepare you for a new, exciting career in the rapidly growing legal or medical field. Our students can select from several hands-on programs.
The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Coast College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||10|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,906||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$24,196||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 651 students | 0.10 Mi702 W Town and Country Rd
Orange,  CA  92868
(714) 437-9697 0.10651
- 29,590 students | 2.10 Mi1530 W. 17th Street
Santa Ana,  CA  92706
(714) 564-6000 2.1029,590
- n/a students | 2.60 Mi1360 S Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim,  CA  92805
(714) 758-1500 2.60n/a
- 194 students | 2.80 Mi201 E. 4th Street, Suite 200
Santa Ana,  CA  92701
(714) 586-5775 2.80194
- 974 students | 3.80 Mi12951 Euclid Street, Suite 101
Garden Grove,  CA  92840
(714) 703-1900 3.80974
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!