South Coast College
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (714) 867-5009
- South Coast College has become one of the leading providers of court reporter career training in California. Students who follow the Court Reporting program have been able to complete their training in a shorter time than they thought possible. South Coast College?s student-focused community is the right place for people who want to improve their lives and enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes with excelling professionally. Since our opening in 1985, we have been dedicated to the principle that education is the foundation for personal and professional growth. No matter what your career aspirations, train at Platt for the career of a lifetime. Our training programs are designed to prepare you for a new, exciting career in the rapidly growing legal or medical field. Our students can select from several hands-on programs.
The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Coast College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||145 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||11|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||36%||76%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$22,625||$10,063|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$14,690||$5,751|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 338 students | 0.10 Mi702 W Town and Country Rd
Orange,  CA  92868
(714) 437-9697 0.10338
- 28,425 students | 2.10 Mi1530 W. 17th Street
Santa Ana,  CA  92706
(714) 564-6000 2.1028,425
- n/a students | 2.60 Mi1360 S Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim,  CA  92805
(714) 758-1500 2.60n/a
- 609 students | 3.80 Mi12951 Euclid Street, Suite 101
Garden Grove,  CA  92840
(714) 703-1900 3.80609
- 23,192 students | 5.90 Mi11460 Warner Ave.
Fountain Valley,  CA  92708
(714) 546-7600 5.9023,192
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.