South Coast College
- South Coast College has become one of the leading providers of court reporter career training in California. Students who follow the Court Reporting program have been able to complete their training in a shorter time than they thought possible. South Coast College?s student-focused community is the right place for people who want to improve their lives and enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes with excelling professionally. Since our opening in 1985, we have been dedicated to the principle that education is the foundation for personal and professional growth. No matter what your career aspirations, train at Platt for the career of a lifetime. Our training programs are designed to prepare you for a new, exciting career in the rapidly growing legal or medical field. Our students can select from several hands-on programs.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Coast College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||10|
|Total Enrollment||342 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||233 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||109 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,000||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,906||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$24,196||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 651 students | 1.10 Mi702 W Town and Country Rd
Orange,  CA  92868
- 29,590 students | 2.10 Mi1530 W. 17th Street
Santa Ana,  CA  92706
- n/a students | 2.60 Mi1360 S Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim,  CA  92805
- 194 students | 2.80 Mi201 E. 4th Street, Suite 200
Santa Ana,  CA  92701
- 974 students | 3.80 Mi12951 Euclid Street, Suite 101
Garden Grove,  CA  92840
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.