FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (949) 851-6200
- FIDM / Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising has been educating students for careers in the fashion and entertainment industries for over 40 years. Our goal is to give students the best college education possible while preparing them to launch their career immediately. The focused curriculum, talented faculty, and a global network of industry partners like Cotton, Inc. and Disney, give students the necessary skills to work simultaneously while earning their degree. FIDM has helped launch the careers of over 40,000 graduates, including famed designers Monique Lhuillier, Kevan Hall, and Randolph Duke, just to name a few. Nine graduates have appeared as contestants on Project Runway, including FIDM Instructor Nick Verreos and Season 5 winner Leanne Marshall. Our students and graduates are doing everything from designing sets for primetime television, creating costumes for television and movies, and designing clothing for Anthropologie and GUESS, Inc., to creating visual displays for Forever 21, creating logos and marketing materials for surf and sport companies, and launching the latest beauty products. FIDM offers several degree options, including a four-year Bachelor of Science degree; 20 creative majors, and an unparalleled Career Center with a database of over 19,000 employers and growing.
FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||145 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County is Stanbridge University (1.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,391 students | 1.00 Mi2041 Business Ctr Dr Ste 107
Irvine,  CA  92612
(888) 789-6208 1.001,391
- 301 students | 1.50 Mi3160 Red Hill Ave
Costa Mesa,  CA  92626
(714) 662-4402 1.50301
- 21,122 students | 3.70 Mi2701 Fairview Road
Costa Mesa,  CA  92626
(714) 432-5072 3.7021,122
- 13,052 students | 4.50 Mi5500 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine,  CA  92618
(949) 451-5100 4.5013,052
- 23,192 students | 4.70 Mi11460 Warner Ave.
Fountain Valley,  CA  92708
(714) 546-7600 4.7023,192
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.