FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (949) 851-6200
- FIDM / Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising has been educating students for careers in the fashion and entertainment industries for over 40 years. Our goal is to give students the best college education possible while preparing them to launch their career immediately. The focused curriculum, talented faculty, and a global network of industry partners like Cotton, Inc. and Disney, give students the necessary skills to work simultaneously while earning their degree. FIDM has helped launch the careers of over 40,000 graduates, including famed designers Monique Lhuillier, Kevan Hall, and Randolph Duke, just to name a few. Nine graduates have appeared as contestants on Project Runway, including FIDM Instructor Nick Verreos and Season 5 winner Leanne Marshall. Our students and graduates are doing everything from designing sets for primetime television, creating costumes for television and movies, and designing clothing for Anthropologie and GUESS, Inc., to creating visual displays for Forever 21, creating logos and marketing materials for surf and sport companies, and launching the latest beauty products. FIDM offers several degree options, including a four-year Bachelor of Science degree; 20 creative majors, and an unparalleled Career Center with a database of over 19,000 employers and growing.
FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 16% over five years.
|FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||308 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County is Stanbridge University (1.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,364 students | 1.00 Mi2041 Business Ctr Dr Ste 107
Irvine, CA 92612
(888) 789-6208 1.001,364
- 255 students | 1.50 Mi3160 Red Hill Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 662-4402 1.50255
- 20,042 students | 3.70 Mi2701 Fairview Road
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 432-5072 3.7020,042
- 12,812 students | 4.50 Mi5500 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 451-5100 4.5012,812
- 23,192 students | 4.70 Mi11460 Warner Ave.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 546-7600 4.7023,192
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.