Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria
- In 1980, SBBCollege opened a campus in Santa Maria to better serve students in northern Santa Barbara County and San Luis Obispo County. The Santa Maria college campus quickly became a local college favorite along the central coast. The campus offers computer and medical labs and a learning resource center. Our technical college in Santa Maria serves the communities of santa maria, lompoc, arroyo grande, grover beach, nipomo, oceano, pismo beach, solvang, santa ynez, buellton, casmalia, guadalupe, los alamos, los olivos, new cuyama, san luis obispo, santa margarita, paso robles, morro bay, los osos, creston, bradley, atascadero, and other nearby areas. At Santa Barbara Business College, helping students prepare for new careers begins with an initial interview. By taking the time to personally meet with you, our representatives can help you discover a clear path for your field of study. Our staff is trained to listen to each student's personal interests and goals. After evaluating your needs, we will review the curriculum that is most appropriate for you, to provide the best opportunities for success in today's job market.
Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria serves 99 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 80% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 99 students
- In-state tuition: $15,226
- Out-state tuition: $15,226
- Acceptance Rate: 49%
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 80%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 38% over five years.
Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria
(CA) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria has grown by 26% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five years.
The Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria diversity score of 0.53 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $15,226 is more than the state average of $1,246. The in-state tuition has grown by 52% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $15,226 is more than the state average of $6,603. The out-state tuition has grown by 52% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria cost?
Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria's tuition is approximately $15,226 for In-State students and $15,226 for Out-State students.
What schools are Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria often compared to?
Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Mariais often viewed alongside schools like Allan Hancock College by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria?
The acceptance rate of Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria is 49%, which is lower than the state average of 80%.
What is Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria's ranking?
Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.