Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria
- In 1980, SBBCollege opened a campus in Santa Maria to better serve students in northern Santa Barbara County and San Luis Obispo County. The Santa Maria college campus quickly became a local college favorite along the central coast. The campus offers computer and medical labs and a learning resource center. Our technical college in Santa Maria serves the communities of santa maria, lompoc, arroyo grande, grover beach, nipomo, oceano, pismo beach, solvang, santa ynez, buellton, casmalia, guadalupe, los alamos, los olivos, new cuyama, san luis obispo, santa margarita, paso robles, morro bay, los osos, creston, bradley, atascadero, and other nearby areas. At Santa Barbara Business College, helping students prepare for new careers begins with an initial interview. By taking the time to personally meet with you, our representatives can help you discover a clear path for your field of study. Our staff is trained to listen to each student's personal interests and goals. After evaluating your needs, we will review the curriculum that is most appropriate for you, to provide the best opportunities for success in today's job market.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||204 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||204 students||1,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2011)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,600||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria is Allan Hancock College (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,047 students | 0.80 Mi800 South College Drive
Santa Maria,  CA  93454
- 9,221 students | 27.70 MiHighway 1
San Luis Obispo,  CA  93403
- 17,927 students | 55.70 Mi721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara,  CA  93109
- 5,217 students | 79.50 Mi29 Cougar Court
Taft,  CA  93268
- 12,928 students | 82.20 Mi4667 Telegraph Rd
Ventura,  CA  93003
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.