- Allan Hancock College is your community college located in North Santa Barbara county. For the past 85 years, we have been the doorway to higher education for thousands of area residents. As a local community college, we have defined ourselves by the many faces and needs of those students who have passed through those doors. Whether the student was seeking job skills, to transfer to a four-year college/university, or taking course work as personal enrichment, they found a home at Allan Hancock College.
- Enrollment: 10,248 students
- In-state tuition: $1,346
- Out-state tuition: $6,750
- Student:teacher ratio: 17:1
- Minority enrollment: 74%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Allan Hancock College (Santa Maria Campus) is located in the heart of California's beautiful Central Coast, in the town of Santa Maria (pop. around 90,000). The college is the focus for educating the community. It prepares members of our community for the work force, it provides everyone the opportunity to improve their personal and professional skills, and it prepares the lower division students to transfer to a four-year college. Allan Hancock College Foundation awarded in excess of $300,000 in scholarships in May 2007 to Allan Hancock College vocational students, students continuing their education here at Allan Hancock College, and students transferring to four-year institutions from Allan Hancock College. These scholarships are only available to students currently attending Allan Hancock College. Scholarships are available in all areas of study, however some scholarships are in specific donor-oriented categories such as vocational programs, local high-school graduates, veterans (or their children), re-entry students, disabled students, or specific majors.