Allan Hancock College
- Allan Hancock College is your community college located in North Santa Barbara county. For the past 85 years, we have been the doorway to higher education for thousands of area residents. As a local community college, we have defined ourselves by the many faces and needs of those students who have passed through those doors. Whether the student was seeking job skills, to transfer to a four-year college/university, or taking course work as personal enrichment, they found a home at Allan Hancock College.
- The teacher population of 299 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Allan Hancock College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||299 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,047 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,363 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,684 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,900||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Allan Hancock College (Santa Maria Campus) is located in the heart of California's beautiful Central Coast, in the town of Santa Maria (pop. around 90,000). The college is the focus for educating the community. It prepares members of our community for the work force, it provides everyone the opportunity to improve their personal and professional skills, and it prepares the lower division students to transfer to a four-year college. Allan Hancock College Foundation awarded in excess of $300,000 in scholarships in May 2007 to Allan Hancock College vocational students, students continuing their education here at Allan Hancock College, and students transferring to four-year institutions from Allan Hancock College. These scholarships are only available to students currently attending Allan Hancock College. Scholarships are available in all areas of study, however some scholarships are in specific donor-oriented categories such as vocational programs, local high-school graduates, veterans (or their children), re-entry students, disabled students, or specific majors.
- The nearest community college to Allan Hancock College is Santa Barbara Business College-Santa Maria (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 204 students | 0.80 Mi303 E Plaza Dr Ste 1
Santa Maria,  CA  93454
- 9,221 students | 25.60 MiHighway 1
San Luis Obispo,  CA  93403
- 17,927 students | 55.40 Mi721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara,  CA  93109
- 5,217 students | 56.30 Mi29 Cougar Court
Taft,  CA  93268
- 3,446 students | 77.90 MiOne College Drive
Blythe,  CA  92225
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.