Santa Barbara City College
- Santa Barbara City College is a comprehensive community college serving the south coast of Santa Barbara County. Established in 1909, SBCC is renowned as one of the leading two-year community college in California - and the nation. The college has a wide range of associate degree and certificate programs, as well as transfer programs that provide the first two years of study toward the baccalaureate degree. Students are attracted to SBCC by virtue of its outstanding faculty, small classes, state-of-the-art facilities and numerous student services.
- The teacher population of 491 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Santa Barbara City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||491 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||17,927 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||8,356 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,571 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,300||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1909, SBCC is a public, co-educational two-year college which offers both academic and technical/vocational certificates and associate degrees. Known for its outstanding faculty and curriculum, SBCC is a premier California Community College and a leader in preparing students to transfer to respected universities and colleges. International students have always played an important role in the life of the college. Santa Barbara City College provides an outstanding education for the South Coast's future workforce - the health care workers, technicians, teachers, hotel/restaurant staff, and business managers that will keep our community strong. SBCC is also the home of an outstanding lifelong learning program - our continuing education classes provide lifelong learning opportunities for more than 42,000 people every year. The primary purpose of the Office of Student Life is to coordinate co-curricular student activities and specific services on campus. The staff assists individual students, student organizations, athletics, and instructional departments in coordinating activity projects, in addition to providing assistance and direction to the A.S. Student Senate.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,928 students | 28.10 Mi4667 Telegraph Rd
Ventura,  CA  93003
- 420 students | 28.80 Mi4839 Market Street
Ventura,  CA  93003
- 7,148 students | 35.00 Mi4000 S Rose Ave
Oxnard,  CA  93033
- 13,880 students | 49.70 Mi7075 Campus Rd
Moorpark,  CA  93021
- 5,217 students | 53.10 Mi29 Cougar Court
Taft,  CA  93268
Combine underwater adventures with scientific discoveries and crystal blue waters, and you may have a dream career as a marine biologist. Learn about how you can start your marine biology training right at community college!
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.