- Taft College is committed to student learning in transfer and vocational programs supported by precollegiate basic skills and a wide range of student services. All programs and services are focused on the educational needs of the West Kern Community College District learners.
- The teacher population of 68 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Taft College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||68 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,217 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||77:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,230 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,987 students||5,903 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||154||144|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,400||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Taft College has been serving its community and students for over seventy-five years. This service has included the tradition of small classes, a focus on learning, strong interaction with faculty and staff, and access. Here students will find a college that engages learners as full partners in the learning process. Taft College's small classes provide the opportunity to work directly with an excellent faculty. Learners at Taft acquire the skills to succeed on their job, at transfer colleges, and in life. Taft College is located in the western Kern County community of Taft with a population of 17,000. The surrounding area brings the total population to about 21,000. The community is in the heart of the Midway-Sunset oilfield, one of the nation's best producing fields. While oil is the leading industry, the area also is rich in agriculture, light industry, and recreation. The campus is located at 29 Emmons Park Drive. Campus buildings are considered excellent structures with adequate space provided for physical education, recreation and athletics. The campus was built in 1956 and originally included classrooms, a library, student union, and administrative offices, marking the first step in separating the college from the high school. Taft College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,446 students | 22.20 MiOne College Drive
Blythe,  CA  92225
- 632 students | 26.40 Mi201 New Stine Rd.
Bakersfield,  CA  93309
- 562 students | 26.70 Mi5300 California Avenue
Bakersfield,  CA  93309
- 19,428 students | 32.80 Mi1801 Panorama Drive
Bakersfield,  CA  93305
- 17,927 students | 53.10 Mi721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara,  CA  93109
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.