The teacher population of 259 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cuesta College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||259 staff||145 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Cuesta College makes lifelong learning happen. We enable students to achieve their academic, transfer, workforce preparation, career advancement, and personal goals. Building on our tradition of excellence, we serve our community by providing programs and services that produce students who can succeed in a diverse and rapidly changing society, participate effectively in their local communities, and live responsible and rewarding lives. As a learning college, we provide a supportive environment for students and employees, assess student and institutional outcomes, improve performance, forge strategic partnerships, and maximize opportunities for learning. Cuesta College is located at the heart of scenic San Luis Obispo County, and is highly regarded throughout the state for its excellent educational programs, responsive student services and exceptional faculty and staff. In 1996 the college received a Silver Medal Eureka Award for Quality and Service Excellence. Most courses offered through Cuesta College's Distance Education program are fully accredited and transfer to other four year institutions. All courses are equivalent to the classroom-based version in course content, textbooks, required assignments and study time. The only difference is that the delivery method in a distance education course is different. The Cuesta College Foundation was incorporated in 1973 for the purpose of providing essential financial support for Cuesta College programs, services, scholarships, and capital needs.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 926 students | 1.60 Mi81 Higuera St Ste 110
San Luis Obispo,  CA  93401
(805) 267-1690 1.60926
- 11,285 students | 27.70 Mi800 South College Drive
Santa Maria,  CA  93454
(805) 922-6966 27.7011,285
- 86 students | 27.70 Mi303 E Plaza Dr Ste 1
Santa Maria,  CA  93454
(805) 922-8256 27.7086
- 4,623 students | 61.70 Mi300 Cherry Lane
Coalinga,  CA  93210
(559) 934-2000 61.704,623
- 14,646 students | 82.20 Mi721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara,  CA  93109
(805) 965-0581 82.2014,646
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.