- The teacher population of 259 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cuesta College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||259 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,221 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,723 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,498 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,700||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Cuesta College makes lifelong learning happen. We enable students to achieve their academic, transfer, workforce preparation, career advancement, and personal goals. Building on our tradition of excellence, we serve our community by providing programs and services that produce students who can succeed in a diverse and rapidly changing society, participate effectively in their local communities, and live responsible and rewarding lives. As a learning college, we provide a supportive environment for students and employees, assess student and institutional outcomes, improve performance, forge strategic partnerships, and maximize opportunities for learning. Cuesta College is located at the heart of scenic San Luis Obispo County, and is highly regarded throughout the state for its excellent educational programs, responsive student services and exceptional faculty and staff. In 1996 the college received a Silver Medal Eureka Award for Quality and Service Excellence. Most courses offered through Cuesta College's Distance Education program are fully accredited and transfer to other four year institutions. All courses are equivalent to the classroom-based version in course content, textbooks, required assignments and study time. The only difference is that the delivery method in a distance education course is different. The Cuesta College Foundation was incorporated in 1973 for the purpose of providing essential financial support for Cuesta College programs, services, scholarships, and capital needs.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,047 students | 25.60 Mi800 South College Drive
Santa Maria,  CA  93454
- 204 students | 25.60 Mi303 E Plaza Dr Ste 1
Santa Maria,  CA  93454
- 2,650 students | 64.70 Mi300 Cherry Lane
Coalinga,  CA  93210
- 5,217 students | 69.30 Mi29 Cougar Court
Taft,  CA  93268
- 17,927 students | 80.60 Mi721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara,  CA  93109
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.