Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing
- For over a century, Memorial Hospital School of Nursing at Albany Memorial Hospital and Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing have provided students with specialized knowledge, practical skills and caring values, preparing them for fulfilling and rewarding careers in nursing.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has grown by 30% over five years.
|Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||85 staff|
|Total Enrollment||164 students||1,688 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||158 students||525 students|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.18||0.70|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$48,200||$35,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Because Memorial School of Nursing and Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing are sister schools, classes may be shared and held on either campus. Both schools have classroom and clinical laboratory facilities where students attend nursing theory classes, then practice and enhance their skills. We also have a relationship with Hudson Valley Community College where students complete curricular requirements in the sciences and humanities. Since our schools are affiliated with Northeast Health, the region's most comprehensive network of healthcare and community services, students can participate in clinical and observational experiences in a variety of care settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, physician offices and daycare centers. Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing also offers a Licensed Practical Nurse Certificate (LPN) program. Practical nurses are important members of the healthcare team and can be found anywhere healthcare is delivered – in hospitals, nursing homes and other exciting settings. Our Registered Nurse (RN) program will educate and prepare students to become skilled and competent professional nurses. Graduates earn a two-year associate's in science degree and are eligible to apply for the National Council Licensure Exam required for licensure as a RN. In addition, graduates of the RN program can pursue a BSN degree at Russell Sage College, SUNY College of Technology at Utica/Rome, SUNY at New Paltz, Pace University, Lienhard School of Nursing, and SUNY at Plattsburgh with junior status in accordance with the individual college's admission standards and curriculum guidelines. Our dynamic faculty come from diverse backgrounds with extensive professional experience – providing you with the very best in classroom instruction and clinical skill-building. Faculty members believe that nursing is a blend of both scientific knowledge and the art of caring and promote a holistic approach to patient care. And, our low student/teacher ratio allows for more personalized attention.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,640 students | 2.60 Mi80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy,  NY  12180
- 131 students | 5.60 Mi600 Northern Blvd
Albany,  NY  12204
- 748 students | 6.90 Mi855 Central Ave
Albany,  NY  12206
- 65 students | 7.30 Mi7 Harriman Campus Road
Albany,  NY  12206
- 500 students | 7.40 Mi1259 Central Ave
Albany,  NY  12205
October 22, 2017
Learn about the changing tide in male enrollment at community colleges, as well as the catalysts behind the increase in men on campus.
October 20, 2017
When you first start college you may be overwhelmed by the newness of it. But keep these common mistakes in mind as you go through your first year to make sure that you are properly setup for the rest of your college career and your life thereafter.
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.