Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing
- For over a century, Memorial Hospital School of Nursing at Albany Memorial Hospital and Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing have provided students with specialized knowledge, practical skills and caring values, preparing them for fulfilling and rewarding careers in nursing.
- Enrollment: 152 students
- Private-state tuition: $11,211
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 19%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Because Memorial School of Nursing and Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing are sister schools, classes may be shared and held on either campus. Both schools have classroom and clinical laboratory facilities where students attend nursing theory classes, then practice and enhance their skills. We also have a relationship with Hudson Valley Community College where students complete curricular requirements in the sciences and humanities. Since our schools are affiliated with Northeast Health, the region's most comprehensive network of healthcare and community services, students can participate in clinical and observational experiences in a variety of care settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, physician offices and daycare centers. Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing also offers a Licensed Practical Nurse Certificate (LPN) program. Practical nurses are important members of the healthcare team and can be found anywhere healthcare is delivered ï¿½ in hospitals, nursing homes and other exciting settings. Our Registered Nurse (RN) program will educate and prepare students to become skilled and competent professional nurses. Graduates earn a two-year associate's in science degree and are eligible to apply for the National Council Licensure Exam required for licensure as a RN. In addition, graduates of the RN program can pursue a BSN degree at Russell Sage College, SUNY College of Technology at Utica/Rome, SUNY at New Paltz, Pace University, Lienhard School of Nursing, and SUNY at Plattsburgh with junior status in accordance with the individual college's admission standards and curriculum guidelines. Our dynamic faculty come from diverse backgrounds with extensive professional experience ï¿½ providing you with the very best in classroom instruction and clinical skill-building. Faculty members believe that nursing is a blend of both scientific knowledge and the art of caring and promote a holistic approach to patient care. And, our low student/teacher ratio allows for more personalized attention.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing cost?
Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing's private state tuition is approximately $11,211.
What is the acceptance rate of Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing?
The acceptance rate of Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 72%.
What is Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing's ranking?
Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Percent of students receiving financial aid and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).