North Central Kansas Technical College
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (785) 738-2276
- North Central Kansas Technical College, an institution of Higher Education, provides life-long educational opportunities to a diverse population leading to productive lives for the benefit of a global society. We are dedicated to providing a curriculum in a supportive learning environment designed to promote a personalized educational experience which will enhance an individual's opportunity to develop to his or her full potential.
North Central Kansas Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 92 teachers has declined by 22% over five years.
|North Central Kansas Technical College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||92 staff||156 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- NCKTC was established in Beloit in 1964 with a second campus established in Hays in 1975. NCKTC is widely recognized as a leader in technical education. We offer more than 14 one year certificate programs and 9 Associate of Applied Science Degree programs. We pride ourselves in not only providing cutting edge training for many career fields, but also training the leaders in those fields. NCK Technical College works in cooperation with several other educational institutions such as Cloud County Community College, Barton County Community College and Fort Hays State University towards the completion of degrees and furthering the educational opportunities of the students. At NCK Technical College we offer 19 highly skilled areas of specialization. They each rely on actual on-the-job experience enhanced with theory courses, so that you will learn a skill the right way in the shortest practical amount of time. We can prepare you in your area of interest in 9 to 20 months, so you're ready to begin a rewarding career. In an average year, we place over 90 percent of our graduates in jobs where they can put their skills to use. NCKTC was established in Beloit in 1964 with a second campus established in Hays in 1975. NCKTC is widely recognized as a leader in technical education. We offer more than 14 one year certificate programs and 9 Associate of Applied Science Degree programs. We pride ourselves in not only providing cutting edge training for many career fields, but also training the leaders in those fields.
The nearest community college to North Central Kansas Technical College is Cloud County Community College (24.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,802 students | 24.40 Mi2221 Campus Dr
Concordia, KS 66901
(785) 243-1435 24.401,802
- 791 students | 53.90 Mi2562 Centennial Road
Salina, KS 67401
(785) 309-3100 53.90791
- 677 students | 81.20 Mi1200 S Main
McPherson, KS 67460
(620) 241-0723 81.20677
- 4,300 students | 81.80 Mi245 NE 30th Road
Great Bend, KS 67530
(620) 792-2701 81.804,300
- 912 students | 82.30 Mi3136 Dickens Ave
Manhattan, KS 66503
(785) 587-2800 82.30912
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.