- Rose State College exists as a publicly created and sustained open-admission, associate degree-granting college to provide comprehensive lower-division programs of higher education and effective community services.
- Enrollment: 6,722 students
- In-state tuition: $3,225
- Out-state tuition: $9,602
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 42%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Rose State College offered its first classes on September 21, 1970. Originally named Oscar Rose Junior College in memory of the well-known Midwest City-Del City Superintendent of Schools, the school was renamed Rose State College effective on November 1, 1983. In December 1973, the College became a member of The Oklahoma State System of Higher Education, after approval from the College's Board of Trustees. The College has grown from an initial enrollment of 1,700 in 1970 to a regular fall enrollment of approximately 7,000. The campus now includes twenty-one buildings on approximately 116 acres. Rose State College has been authorized by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education to provide programs and activities in General Education, Student Development Services, University Transfer Education, Economic Development Services, Career and Technical Education, Continuing Education and Contract Training Programs, Developmental/Remedial Education, selected Statewide Educational Services, Community Services and Institutional Research. Rose State College has been accredited as a degree-granting institution by American Bar Association, Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), Commission on Dental Accreditation, Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, National Court Reporting Association (NCRA), National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, The Higher Learning Commission; Member North Central Association, Oklahoma Board of Nursing, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and State of Oklahoma State Accrediting Agency.