Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City
Tel: (405) 945-9150
- Our mission is to provide collegiate level career and transfer educational programs as well as supportive services, which will prepare individuals to live and work in an increasingly technological and global community.
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City places among the top 20% of community colleges in Oklahoma for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 180 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||180 staff||58 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City was originally founded in 1961 as Oklahoma State University Technical Institute, a branch campus of Oklahoma State University in Stillwater. While technology is still the basis of our institution, in 1990 we changed our name to Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City to let people know we offer courses that prepare students for four-year colleges and the workforce. Originally located at N.W. 10th Street and Kentucky Avenue, our campus was later moved to its current location at N.W. 10th and Portland Avenue. OSU-Oklahoma City is a branch campus of Oklahoma State University in Stillwater. Academic programs are offered in Agriculture Technologies, Arts and Sciences, Business Technologies, Engineering Technologies, Health Services and Human Services. OSU-Oklahoma City offers you smaller classes taught by award winning faculty, over 40 programs and an education plan that fits your lifestyle and schedule. OSU-Oklahoma City takes pride in its student-centered approach to college education. The college currently offer over 40 associate degrees and certificates with an annual student headcount of close to 10,000 students. Classes are offered on a three semester calendar during the day, evening, weekend, via Cox Cable and on the Internet. OSU-Oklahoma City offers courses over 75 classes on-line. Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City is accredited by and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
The nearest community college to Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City is Platt College-Central OKC (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 134 students | 1.80 Mi309 S Ann Arbor
Oklahoma City,  OK  73128
(405) 946-7799 1.80134
- 13,397 students | 6.20 Mi7777 S May Ave
Oklahoma City,  OK  73159
(405) 682-1611 6.2013,397
- 189 students | 9.40 Mi2727 W. Memorial Rd
Oklahoma City,  OK  73134
(405) 749-2433 9.40189
- 6,891 students | 9.80 Mi6420 S E 15th
Oklahoma City,  OK  73110
(405) 733-7311 9.806,891
- 94 students | 11.10 Mi201 N. Eastern
Oklahoma City,  OK  73160
(405) 912-3260 11.1094
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!