- Kishwaukee College provides quality, accessible, and cost effective educational opportunities through a learning-centered environment. The College is committed to the holistic development of the individual through a broad range of educational programs and services. Providing students the opportunity to enhance their abilities and promoting dignity and respect for individuals are of the utmost importance. Kishwaukee College challenges students to become increasingly aware of their personal and community responsibilities and to develop community and global awareness.
- The teacher population of 127 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kishwaukee College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||127 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,475 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,030 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,445 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,400||$32,200|
- Kishwaukee College is a comprehensive, two-year college offering five transfer degrees and 64 occupational degrees and certificates. The main campus is located in a rural setting six miles west of Northern Illinois University. We offer two-year degrees in 37 areas, 64 career/occupational degrees and certificates, and customized training. A wide variety of course offerings are available through our community and adult basic education programs, and support services such as counseling, employment services, and financial assistance are also available. Kishwaukee College puts you at the center of a vast network of resources that extend far beyond the classroom. We offer opportunities in a variety of student organizations such as athletics, Phi Theta Kappa honor society, and student government; resources for student success such as a writing center and student help line; a wellness/fitness center; a library, bookstore, and cafeteria; and job search assistance. Kishwaukee College is fully accredited by the North Central Association and belongs to the American Association of Community Colleges. It is one of 49 public community colleges in the state of Illinois.
- The nearest community college to Kishwaukee College is Madison Media Institute-Rockford Career College (23.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 434 students | 23.20 Mi1130 South Alpine Road
Rockford,  IL  61108
- 1,580 students | 23.60 Mi6000 East State Street, 4th Floor
Rockford,  IL  61108
- 10,904 students | 23.90 MiRte 47 at Waubonsee Drive
Sugar Grove,  IL  60554
- 7,737 students | 26.20 Mi3301 N Mulford Rd
Rockford,  IL  61114
- 10,929 students | 29.00 Mi1700 Spartan Drive
Elgin,  IL  60123