McHenry County College
Tel: (815) 455-3700
- Our focus is learning. Student success is our goal.
- McHenry County College provides credit and noncredit educational degrees, certificates, training opportunities, and special events for close to 60,000 participants annually. The college serves the seventh most rapidly growing county in Illinois and offers six associate's degrees and 17 Associate of Applied Science degrees.
The teacher population of 175 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|McHenry County College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||175 staff||124 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- MCC promotes a wide range of high-quality learning opportunities, enabling students to meet their educational, career and personal goals close to home at an affordable price. Our unique curriculum combines the traditional coursework needed for degrees with the soft skills needed in management roles. Students earn an Associate degree that blends work experience, mentoring and classroom participation. Student Life at McHenry County College offers students a variety of clubs and organizations to join and programs to attend.
The nearest community college to McHenry County College is Elgin Community College (16.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,567 students | 16.30 Mi1700 Spartan Drive
Elgin,  IL  60123
(847) 697-1000 16.309,567
- 13,530 students | 18.80 Mi1200 W Algonquin Rd
Palatine,  IL  60067
(847) 925-6000 18.8013,530
- 14,193 students | 19.00 Mi19351 W Washington St.
Grayslake,  IL  60030
(847) 543-2000 19.0014,193
- 95 students | 23.10 Mi495 Northgate Pkwy
Wheeling,  IL  60090
(847) 808-8444 23.1095
- 8,454 students | 27.70 Mi1600 E Golf Rd.
Des Plaines,  IL  60016
(847) 635-1600 27.708,454
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.