McHenry County College
Tel: (815) 455-3700
- Our focus is learning. Student success is our goal.
- McHenry County College provides credit and noncredit educational degrees, certificates, training opportunities, and special events for close to 60,000 participants annually. The college serves the seventh most rapidly growing county in Illinois and offers six associate's degrees and 17 Associate of Applied Science degrees.
The teacher population of 390 teachers has grown by 107% over five years.
|McHenry County College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||390 staff||239 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- MCC promotes a wide range of high-quality learning opportunities, enabling students to meet their educational, career and personal goals close to home at an affordable price. Our unique curriculum combines the traditional coursework needed for degrees with the soft skills needed in management roles. Students earn an Associate degree that blends work experience, mentoring and classroom participation. Student Life at McHenry County College offers students a variety of clubs and organizations to join and programs to attend.
The nearest community college to McHenry County College is Elgin Community College (16.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,931 students | 16.30 Mi1700 Spartan Drive
Elgin, IL 60123
(847) 697-1000 16.309,931
- 13,477 students | 18.80 Mi1200 W Algonquin Rd
Palatine, IL 60067
(847) 925-6000 18.8013,477
- 13,743 students | 19.00 Mi19351 W Washington St.
Grayslake, IL 60030
(847) 543-2000 19.0013,743
- 118 students | 23.10 Mi495 Northgate Pkwy
Wheeling, IL 60090
(847) 808-8444 23.10118
- 8,083 students | 27.70 Mi1600 E Golf Rd.
Des Plaines, IL 60016
(847) 635-1600 27.708,083
If mixing your creativity with beautiful glass sounds inspiring, consider starting your hobby or career in glass blowing at community college.
Utilize our advice and practical tips for students interested in transferring community college credits to a four-year university.
We look at the many opportunities teens and kids can explore the local community college campus, through college-sponsored classes, camps and other activities.