McHenry County College
- Our focus is learning. Student success is our goal.
- McHenry County College provides credit and noncredit educational degrees, certificates, training opportunities, and special events for close to 60,000 participants annually. The college serves the seventh most rapidly growing county in Illinois and offers six associate's degrees and 17 Associate of Applied Science degrees.
- The teacher population of 175 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|McHenry County College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||175 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,165 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,470 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,695 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$31,800|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- MCC promotes a wide range of high-quality learning opportunities, enabling students to meet their educational, career and personal goals close to home at an affordable price. Our unique curriculum combines the traditional coursework needed for degrees with the soft skills needed in management roles. Students earn an Associate degree that blends work experience, mentoring and classroom participation. Student Life at McHenry County College offers students a variety of clubs and organizations to join and programs to attend.
- The nearest community college to McHenry County College is Elgin Community College (16.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,074 students | 16.30 Mi1700 Spartan Drive
Elgin,  IL  60123
- 14,957 students | 18.80 Mi1200 W Algonquin Rd
Palatine,  IL  60067
- 15,410 students | 19.00 Mi19351 W Washington St.
Grayslake,  IL  60030
- 108 students | 23.10 Mi495 Northgate Pkwy
Wheeling,  IL  60090
- 10,589 students | 27.70 Mi1600 E Golf Rd.
Des Plaines,  IL  60016
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.