Rend Lake College
- Rend Lake College is a nationally ranked community college, located on the eastern shore of scenic Rend Lake in Southern Illinois. RLC has an open enrollment policy. What does that mean? It means no waiting and watching the mailbox for that letter to arrive because YOU ARE ACCEPTED!
- The teacher population of 128 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rend Lake College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||128 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,489 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,205 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,284 students||2,613 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,100||$31,800|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agriculture Club, Art League, Automotive Club, Dance, Future Educators of America, National Society of Leadership, Nursing Club, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa, Radiology Club, Student Ambassadors, Thespians Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Rend Lake College Theatre, Spring Musical
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rend Lake College provides educational opportunities across cultural and economic boundaries to the diverse student population we serve. We are committed to our students` success in achieving their educational goals and to meeting our community-focused program objectives. With Rend Lake College, student journeys start here.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,718 students | 28.10 Mi700 Logan College Road
Carterville,  IL  62918
- 4,906 students | 33.40 Mi27210 College Rd
Centralia,  IL  62801
- 2,218 students | 33.50 MiFrontier Drive
Fairfield,  IL  62837
- 1,834 students | 37.20 Mi3575 College Road
Harrisburg,  IL  62946
- 1,799 students | 60.20 Mi8364 Shawnee College Rd
Ullin,  IL  62992
Not all community colleges are created equal, and some may just be on the verge of losing their accreditation. Witness the turmoil and recovery in the battle for accreditation at several community colleges.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.