Rend Lake College
- Rend Lake College is a nationally ranked community college, located on the eastern shore of scenic Rend Lake in Southern Illinois. RLC has an open enrollment policy. What does that mean? It means no waiting and watching the mailbox for that letter to arrive because YOU ARE ACCEPTED!
The teacher population of 128 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rend Lake College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||128 staff||123 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agriculture Club, Art League, Automotive Club, Dance, Future Educators of America, National Society of Leadership, Nursing Club, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa, Radiology Club, Student Ambassadors, Thespians Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Rend Lake College Theatre, Spring Musical
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rend Lake College provides educational opportunities across cultural and economic boundaries to the diverse student population we serve. We are committed to our students` success in achieving their educational goals and to meeting our community-focused program objectives. With Rend Lake College, student journeys start here.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,218 students | 28.30 MiFrontier Drive
Fairfield,  IL  62837
(618) 393-2982 28.302,218
- 6,718 students | 31.60 Mi700 Logan College Road
Carterville,  IL  62918
(618) 985-3741 31.606,718
- 4,906 students | 34.50 Mi27210 College Rd
Centralia,  IL  62801
(618) 545-3000 34.504,906
- 1,834 students | 36.30 Mi3575 College Road
Harrisburg,  IL  62946
(618) 252-5400 36.301,834
- 1,398 students | 56.10 Mi305 N West Street
Olney,  IL  62450
(618) 393-2982 56.101,398
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!