Rend Lake College
- Rend Lake College is a nationally ranked community college, located on the eastern shore of scenic Rend Lake in Southern Illinois. RLC has an open enrollment policy. What does that mean? It means no waiting and watching the mailbox for that letter to arrive because YOU ARE ACCEPTED!
- The teacher population of 128 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rend Lake College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||128 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,489 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,205 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,284 students||2,613 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,100||$31,800|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agriculture Club, Art League, Automotive Club, Dance, Future Educators of America, National Society of Leadership, Nursing Club, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa, Radiology Club, Student Ambassadors, Thespians Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Rend Lake College Theatre, Spring Musical
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rend Lake College provides educational opportunities across cultural and economic boundaries to the diverse student population we serve. We are committed to our students` success in achieving their educational goals and to meeting our community-focused program objectives. With Rend Lake College, student journeys start here.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,218 students | 28.30 MiFrontier Drive
Fairfield,  IL  62837
- 6,718 students | 31.60 Mi700 Logan College Road
Carterville,  IL  62918
- 4,906 students | 34.50 Mi27210 College Rd
Centralia,  IL  62801
- 1,834 students | 36.30 Mi3575 College Road
Harrisburg,  IL  62946
- 1,398 students | 56.10 Mi305 N West Street
Olney,  IL  62450
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.