Rend Lake College
- Rend Lake College is a nationally ranked community college, located on the eastern shore of scenic Rend Lake in Southern Illinois. RLC has an open enrollment policy. What does that mean? It means no waiting and watching the mailbox for that letter to arrive because YOU ARE ACCEPTED!
- The teacher population of 128 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rend Lake College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||128 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,489 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,205 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,284 students||2,613 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,100||$31,800|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agriculture Club, Art League, Automotive Club, Dance, Future Educators of America, National Society of Leadership, Nursing Club, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa, Radiology Club, Student Ambassadors, Thespians Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Rend Lake College Theatre, Spring Musical
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rend Lake College provides educational opportunities across cultural and economic boundaries to the diverse student population we serve. We are committed to our students` success in achieving their educational goals and to meeting our community-focused program objectives. With Rend Lake College, student journeys start here.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,718 students | 28.10 Mi700 Logan College Road
Carterville,  IL  62918
- 4,906 students | 33.40 Mi27210 College Rd
Centralia,  IL  62801
- 2,218 students | 33.50 MiFrontier Drive
Fairfield,  IL  62837
- 1,834 students | 37.20 Mi3575 College Road
Harrisburg,  IL  62946
- 1,799 students | 60.20 Mi8364 Shawnee College Rd
Ullin,  IL  62992
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.