Rend Lake College
- Rend Lake College is a nationally ranked community college, located on the eastern shore of scenic Rend Lake in Southern Illinois. RLC has an open enrollment policy. What does that mean? It means no waiting and watching the mailbox for that letter to arrive because YOU ARE ACCEPTED!
- The teacher population of 128 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rend Lake College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||128 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,489 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,205 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,284 students||2,613 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,100||$31,800|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agriculture Club, Art League, Automotive Club, Dance, Future Educators of America, National Society of Leadership, Nursing Club, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa, Radiology Club, Student Ambassadors, Thespians Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Rend Lake College Theatre, Spring Musical
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rend Lake College provides educational opportunities across cultural and economic boundaries to the diverse student population we serve. We are committed to our students` success in achieving their educational goals and to meeting our community-focused program objectives. With Rend Lake College, student journeys start here.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,218 students | 28.30 MiFrontier Drive
Fairfield,  IL  62837
(618) 393-2982 28.302,218
- 6,718 students | 31.60 Mi700 Logan College Road
Carterville,  IL  62918
(618) 985-3741 31.606,718
- 4,906 students | 34.50 Mi27210 College Rd
Centralia,  IL  62801
(618) 545-3000 34.504,906
- 1,834 students | 36.30 Mi3575 College Road
Harrisburg,  IL  62946
(618) 252-5400 36.301,834
- 1,398 students | 56.10 Mi305 N West Street
Olney,  IL  62450
(618) 393-2982 56.101,398
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.