- Southeastern Illinois College, as a comprehensive community college and a member of the Illinois Community College System of Higher Education, is committed to a philosophy that believes in the dignity and worth of each individual regardless of race, creed, gender, physical abilities, national or ethnic origin. As its mission, Southeastern strives to become the educational and cultural center of the community by providing for the development of intellectual, social, personal and productive skills to all persons who reside within Community College District #533.
- Enrollment: 1,263 students
- In-state tuition: $4,530
- Out-state tuition: $4,770
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 9%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1960, the college has a 172-acre campus located at 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois. It serves the residents of Gallatin, Hardin, Pope and Saline Counties; portions of Hamilton, Johnson, Williamson and White Counties. Courses offered are: Arts and Science Associate Degree Programs, Associate in Applied Science Degree Programs, Associate in Engineering Science Degree, Associate in Liberal Studies Degree, Occupational Certificate Programs, (SIC operates educational programs at the White County Center, Vienna Correctional Center, Shawnee Correctional Center, Illinois Youth Center at Harrisburg, Hardin County Work Camp, and Dixon Springs Work Camp.) Southeastern Illinois College offers quality programs at one of the most affordable tuition rates in the region. We offer convenient courses - day, evening, on-line - to meet your busy schedule. Whether you take a single course or join us as a full-time student, your success starts at Southeastern. THe college is accreditated by the: Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.