Southeastern Illinois College
- Southeastern Illinois College, as a comprehensive community college and a member of the Illinois Community College System of Higher Education, is committed to a philosophy that believes in the dignity and worth of each individual regardless of race, creed, gender, physical abilities, national or ethnic origin. As its mission, Southeastern strives to become the educational and cultural center of the community by providing for the development of intellectual, social, personal and productive skills to all persons who reside within Community College District #533.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southeastern Illinois College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,834 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||725 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,109 students||2,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,300||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1960, the college has a 172-acre campus located at 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois. It serves the residents of Gallatin, Hardin, Pope and Saline Counties; portions of Hamilton, Johnson, Williamson and White Counties. Courses offered are: Arts and Science Associate Degree Programs, Associate in Applied Science Degree Programs, Associate in Engineering Science Degree, Associate in Liberal Studies Degree, Occupational Certificate Programs, (SIC operates educational programs at the White County Center, Vienna Correctional Center, Shawnee Correctional Center, Illinois Youth Center at Harrisburg, Hardin County Work Camp, and Dixon Springs Work Camp.) Southeastern Illinois College offers quality programs at one of the most affordable tuition rates in the region. We offer convenient courses - day, evening, on-line - to meet your busy schedule. Whether you take a single course or join us as a full-time student, your success starts at Southeastern. THe college is accreditated by the: Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Southeastern Illinois College is John A Logan College (36.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,718 students | 36.00 Mi700 Logan College Road
Carterville,  IL  62918
- 2,489 students | 37.20 Mi468 N Ken Gray Pky
Ina,  IL  62846
- 2,000 students | 42.90 Mi2660 S Green St
Henderson,  KY  42420
- 2,218 students | 43.60 MiFrontier Drive
Fairfield,  IL  62837
- 1,799 students | 48.30 Mi8364 Shawnee College Rd
Ullin,  IL  62992
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.