- Southeastern Illinois College, as a comprehensive community college and a member of the Illinois Community College System of Higher Education, is committed to a philosophy that believes in the dignity and worth of each individual regardless of race, creed, gender, physical abilities, national or ethnic origin. As its mission, Southeastern strives to become the educational and cultural center of the community by providing for the development of intellectual, social, personal and productive skills to all persons who reside within Community College District #533.
Southeastern Illinois College serves 1,263 students (41% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 47%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,263 students
- In-state tuition: $4,530
- Out-state tuition: $4,770
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 9%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Southeastern Illinois College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
The teacher population of 113 teachers has grown by 76% over five years.
Southeastern Illinois College
(IL) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Southeastern Illinois College has declined by 23% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five years.
The Southeastern Illinois College diversity score of 0.17 is less than the state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has declined by 23% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,530 is less than the state average of $7,972. The in-state tuition has declined by 21% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,770 is less than the state average of $10,688. The out-state tuition has declined by 20% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Founded in 1960, the college has a 172-acre campus located at 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, Illinois. It serves the residents of Gallatin, Hardin, Pope and Saline Counties; portions of Hamilton, Johnson, Williamson and White Counties. Courses offered are: Arts and Science Associate Degree Programs, Associate in Applied Science Degree Programs, Associate in Engineering Science Degree, Associate in Liberal Studies Degree, Occupational Certificate Programs, (SIC operates educational programs at the White County Center, Vienna Correctional Center, Shawnee Correctional Center, Illinois Youth Center at Harrisburg, Hardin County Work Camp, and Dixon Springs Work Camp.) Southeastern Illinois College offers quality programs at one of the most affordable tuition rates in the region. We offer convenient courses - day, evening, on-line - to meet your busy schedule. Whether you take a single course or join us as a full-time student, your success starts at Southeastern. THe college is accreditated by the: Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Southeastern Illinois College cost?
Southeastern Illinois College's tuition is approximately $4,530 for In-State students and $4,770 for Out-State students.
What is Southeastern Illinois College's ranking?
Southeastern Illinois College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Illinois for: Least expensive tuition and Percent of students receiving financial aid.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.