Olney Central College
- A community college that has been making a difference in southeastern Illinois since 1963. OCC offers several two-year baccalaureate-oriented transfer degrees and more than 25 two-year technical degrees and certificates. Most degree programs are offered in both day and evening format and several courses are offered in an online format. On-campus students have an added opportunity to participate in inter-collegiate sports, music, band, several choirs, and various theater productions. The beautiful 100-plus acre campus is located adjacent to Illinois Route 130 in the northwestern section of Olney, Illinois.
The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Olney Central College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||123 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our faculty is dedicated to offering each student a quality classroom experience with individualized attention. The new Associate in Science and Arts degree, one of five transfer degrees offered by IECC, provides a well-articulated course curriculum, which eases your transfer to Illinois' four-year universities. Our four colleges are among the first in the state to offer this diverse degree. IECC offers a variety of technical programs, including computer technology, industrial quality management, manufacturing technologies, and telecommunications, that lead to successful careers in industry and business. Our health career opportunities provide many area health-care facilities with highly trained and qualified personnel. Our alliance with Franklin University offers IECC students new opportunities for completing an on-line baccalaureate degree, while balancing work and family responsibilities. Through the newest technologies, we offer student involvement with our entire network, including on-line registration. With the service Entrata, students have the ability to access classroom and campus information from any computer, anywhere. IECC's partnership with the Illinois Virtual Campus offers students on-line classes that fit into their schedules and educational goals.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,512 students | 27.00 Mi2200 College Drive
Mount Carmel,  IL  62863
(618) 393-2982 27.004,512
- 2,218 students | 28.90 MiFrontier Drive
Fairfield,  IL  62837
(618) 393-2982 28.902,218
- 1,031 students | 29.70 Mi11220 State Hwy 1
Robinson,  IL  62454
(618) 393-2982 29.701,031
- 17,258 students | 31.10 Mi1002 N First St
Vincennes,  IN  47591
(812) 888-8888 31.1017,258
- 5,593 students | 53.40 Mi5001 Lake Land Blvd
Mattoon,  IL  61938
(217) 234-5253 53.405,593
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!