- The mission of Reedley College is to offer an accessible, student-centered educational environment which provides high quality learning opportunities essential in meeting challenges of a diverse, global community.
- The teacher population of 366 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Reedley College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||366 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,633 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,480 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,153 students||5,903 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||140||144|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,100||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Reedley College is located in Reedley, California, 30 miles southeast of Fresno. In this rural setting, the campus community enjoys the unique combination of urban sophistication and rural values. Reedley College provides day, evening, and Saturday classes. Operated on an 18-week semester system, the college offers a fall and spring term, as well as six-, eight- and 10-week summer sessions. Courses are offered at the main campus in Reedley and at several off-campus locations collectively referred to as the South Centers Community Campus program. Reedley College was established in May, 1926, as Reedley Junior College. Institutional doors were opened in September 1926, with a total of 30 students and six course offerings. In 1936, a separate building on the Reedley High School campus was built to house the junior college administration and provide additional classrooms. On July 1, 1946, the college recognized its role as a total community college. Reedley College has distinguished itself as one of the premier community colleges in California. The College has a long tradition of excellence and success since its beginning over 79 years ago. You will find excellence in academics, in transfer preparation, in career preparation, in student support programs, in personal development, and in athletics. Reedley College faculty, staff, and administrators are key to this excellence; and they provide the highest quality learning opportunities for our students and our communities. At Reedley College we believe that people's lives are enriched by an atmosphere of intellectual curiosity, personal integrity, and individual accomplishment. The college furnishes experiences designed to promote critical thinking, enhance cultural literacy, and foster an awareness of the interdependence of all persons and their environment.
- The nearest community college to Reedley College is San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation (18.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 18.90 Mi4985 East Andersen Ave
Fresno,  CA  93727
- 272 students | 19.60 Mi44 Shaw Avenue, Rodeo Plaza
Clovis,  CA  93612
- 1,608 students | 19.70 Mi8344 W Mineral King Ave
Visalia,  CA  93291
- 953 students | 20.50 Mi801 S. Akers St
Visalia,  CA  93277
- 10,647 students | 21.00 Mi915 S. Mooney Blvd
Visalia,  CA  93277
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.