College of the Sequoias
- College of the Sequoias is a comprehensive community college focused on student learning. Our mission is to help our diverse student population achieve their transfer and /or occupational objectives and to advance the economic growth and global competitiveness of business and industry within our region.
- Enrollment: 12,571 students
- In-state tuition: $1,362
- Out-state tuition: $6,138
- Student:teacher ratio: 21:1
- Minority enrollment: 76%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- College of the Sequoias is a public, two-year community college with an enrollment of just over 10,000 students. Located in Visalia, California, the campus is halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Our administration, faculty and staff are committed to the advancement of economic growth and to our mission of preparing students for productive work, lifelong learning and community involvement. COS has comprehensive offerings that include: transfer programs, occupational-technology programs and basic skills. In addition, COS is very proud of the educational support offered to students and is dedicated and highly committed to enhancing our diverse educational and cultural campus environment. From its opening in the fall of 1926 until World War II the district's sole mission was to provide inexpensive, lower-division college education to local high school graduates who intended to transfer to a traditional four-year college. This "transfer" mission shaped the college during these years in that it provided the theoretical and political basis for its founding, defined its initial curriculum and activities, led to the construction of its campus, and met the needs of the overwhelming majority of its students. In athletics, the Giants offer 18 intercollegiate sports and have a rich and successful tradition. The school has won state championships in football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, softball, golf, and wrestling. The Giants have also hosted three of the last five state championship football games (2000, 2001, and 2004).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does College of the Sequoias cost?
College of the Sequoias's tuition is approximately $1,362 for In-State students and $6,138 for Out-State students.
What is College of the Sequoias's ranking?
College of the Sequoias ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Least debt for graduating students.