College of the Sequoias
- College of the Sequoias is a comprehensive community college focused on student learning. Our mission is to help our diverse student population achieve their transfer and /or occupational objectives and to advance the economic growth and global competitiveness of business and industry within our region.
Top Placements (California)
Listed among the top community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 244 teachers has declined by 26% over five years.
|College of the Sequoias||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||244 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,647 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||44:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,762 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,885 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,400||$34,900|
- College of the Sequoias is a public, two-year community college with an enrollment of just over 10,000 students. Located in Visalia, California, the campus is halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Our administration, faculty and staff are committed to the advancement of economic growth and to our mission of preparing students for productive work, lifelong learning and community involvement. COS has comprehensive offerings that include: transfer programs, occupational-technology programs and basic skills. In addition, COS is very proud of the educational support offered to students and is dedicated and highly committed to enhancing our diverse educational and cultural campus environment. From its opening in the fall of 1926 until World War II the district's sole mission was to provide inexpensive, lower-division college education to local high school graduates who intended to transfer to a traditional four-year college. This "transfer" mission shaped the college during these years in that it provided the theoretical and political basis for its founding, defined its initial curriculum and activities, led to the construction of its campus, and met the needs of the overwhelming majority of its students. In athletics, the Giants offer 18 intercollegiate sports and have a rich and successful tradition. The school has won state championships in football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, softball, golf, and wrestling. The Giants have also hosted three of the last five state championship football games (2000, 2001, and 2004).
- The nearest community college to College of the Sequoias is San Joaquin Valley College-Online (2.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 953 students | 2.00 Mi801 S. Akers St
Visalia,  CA  93277
- 1,608 students | 3.90 Mi8344 W Mineral King Ave
Visalia,  CA  93291
- 14,633 students | 21.00 Mi995 N Reed Ave
Reedley,  CA  93654
- 3,853 students | 25.40 Mi100 E College Ave
Porterville,  CA  93257
- 3,976 students | 28.30 Mi555 College Avenue
Lemoore,  CA  93245