Pittsburgh Career Institute
- Pittsburgh campus of Sanford-Brown, where we are committed to preparing motivated individuals for rewarding careers in the healthcare industry. Sanford-Brown Institute-Pittsburgh is part of a network of private schools committed to educating trained, confident professionals for a growing number of career opportunities in the healthcare and related industries.
The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 13% over five years.
|Pittsburgh Career Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||34 staff||56 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Western School of Health and Business offer three kinds of programs, Associate in Specialized Technology Degree programs, Associate in Specialized Business Degree programs, and Diploma program. Western's programs emphasize hands-on training, are relevant to employers' needs, and focus on areas that offer strong long-term employment opportunities. The Western School offers different specialized degree and diploma programs in exciting career fields. Our Medical Technology Career Training Programs (AST) includes Anesthesia Technologist, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer II, Medical Assistant Specialist and Radiographer. Our Business Degree Programs (ASB) includes Paralegal Specialist and Business Administration. Our Diploma program includes Criminal Justice, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Medical Assistant, Medical Office Administration, Veterinary Technology and Massage Therapist. Western School of Health and Business is part of the Career Education Corporation network. Career Education Corporation is pleased to make placement assistance available for our graduates and alumni. On-site agencies, with global access to candidates and job opportunities from our domestic and international sites, are located on many of our campuses and can aid in securing employment that is both exciting and rewarding. Career Services department at the Western School of Health and Business is focused on two primary goals. One is to provide the best employment opportunity for our graduates and the second is to supply a high demand employment market with the best qualified candidates.
The nearest community college to Pittsburgh Career Institute is Vet Tech Institute (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 339 students | 0.20 Mi125 Seventh St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(412) 391-7021 0.20339
- 413 students | 0.80 Mi125 West Station Square Drive, Suite 129
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
(412) 391-6710 0.80413
- 16,031 students | 1.30 Mi800 Allegheny Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15233
(412) 323-2323 1.3016,031
- 145 students | 1.60 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15214
(412) 359-1000 1.60145
- 84 students | 1.60 Mi191 Performance Road
Sunbury, PA 17801
(570) 988-0700 1.6084
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.