- Pittsburgh campus of Sanford-Brown, where we are committed to preparing motivated individuals for rewarding careers in the healthcare industry. Sanford-Brown Institute-Pittsburgh is part of a network of private schools committed to educating trained, confident professionals for a growing number of career opportunities in the healthcare and related industries.
Pittsburgh Career Institute serves 217 students (80% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 39%.
- Enrollment: 217 students
- Private-state tuition: $17,547
- Acceptance Rate: 97%
- Student:teacher ratio: 6:1
- Minority enrollment: 48%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 209% over five years.
Pittsburgh Career Institute
(PA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Pittsburgh Career Institute has declined by 8% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has increased from 2:1 over five years.
The Pittsburgh Career Institute diversity score of 0.60 is more than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has grown by 5% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $17,547 is less than the state average of $17,857. The private state tuition has declined by 29% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The Western School of Health and Business offer three kinds of programs, Associate in Specialized Technology Degree programs, Associate in Specialized Business Degree programs, and Diploma program. Western's programs emphasize hands-on training, are relevant to employers' needs, and focus on areas that offer strong long-term employment opportunities. The Western School offers different specialized degree and diploma programs in exciting career fields. Our Medical Technology Career Training Programs (AST) includes Anesthesia Technologist, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer II, Medical Assistant Specialist and Radiographer. Our Business Degree Programs (ASB) includes Paralegal Specialist and Business Administration. Our Diploma program includes Criminal Justice, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Medical Assistant, Medical Office Administration, Veterinary Technology and Massage Therapist. Western School of Health and Business is part of the Career Education Corporation network. Career Education Corporation is pleased to make placement assistance available for our graduates and alumni. On-site agencies, with global access to candidates and job opportunities from our domestic and international sites, are located on many of our campuses and can aid in securing employment that is both exciting and rewarding. Career Services department at the Western School of Health and Business is focused on two primary goals. One is to provide the best employment opportunity for our graduates and the second is to supply a high demand employment market with the best qualified candidates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Pittsburgh Career Institute cost?
Pittsburgh Career Institute's private state tuition is approximately $17,547.
What schools are Pittsburgh Career Institute often compared to?
Pittsburgh Career Instituteis often viewed alongside schools like Vet Tech Institute by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Pittsburgh Career Institute?
The acceptance rate of Pittsburgh Career Institute is 97%, which is higher than the state average of 85%.
Simple Mistakes Cost Community College Students Millions
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.