Pittsburgh Career Institute
- Pittsburgh campus of Sanford-Brown, where we are committed to preparing motivated individuals for rewarding careers in the healthcare industry. Sanford-Brown Institute-Pittsburgh is part of a network of private schools committed to educating trained, confident professionals for a growing number of career opportunities in the healthcare and related industries.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pittsburgh Career Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||114 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||40 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||74 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,100||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Western School of Health and Business offer three kinds of programs, Associate in Specialized Technology Degree programs, Associate in Specialized Business Degree programs, and Diploma program. Western's programs emphasize hands-on training, are relevant to employers' needs, and focus on areas that offer strong long-term employment opportunities. The Western School offers different specialized degree and diploma programs in exciting career fields. Our Medical Technology Career Training Programs (AST) includes Anesthesia Technologist, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer II, Medical Assistant Specialist and Radiographer. Our Business Degree Programs (ASB) includes Paralegal Specialist and Business Administration. Our Diploma program includes Criminal Justice, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Medical Assistant, Medical Office Administration, Veterinary Technology and Massage Therapist. Western School of Health and Business is part of the Career Education Corporation network. Career Education Corporation is pleased to make placement assistance available for our graduates and alumni. On-site agencies, with global access to candidates and job opportunities from our domestic and international sites, are located on many of our campuses and can aid in securing employment that is both exciting and rewarding. Career Services department at the Western School of Health and Business is focused on two primary goals. One is to provide the best employment opportunity for our graduates and the second is to supply a high demand employment market with the best qualified candidates.
- The nearest community college to Pittsburgh Career Institute is Vet Tech Institute (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 372 students | 0.20 Mi125 Seventh St
Pittsburgh,  PA  15222
(412) 391-7021 0.20372
- 526 students | 0.40 Mi100 Forbes Ave, Suite 1200
Pittsburgh,  PA  15222
(412) 261-4520 0.40526
- 413 students | 0.80 Mi125 West Station Square Drive, Suite 129
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
(412) 391-6710 0.80413
- 17,153 students | 1.30 Mi800 Allegheny Ave
Pittsburgh,  PA  15233
(412) 323-2323 1.3017,153
- n/a students | 1.60 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15214
(412) 359-1000 1.60n/a
Learn how online courses broaden the options of a community college education.
Community college is not just for young adults; learn how your kids can take advantage of learning opportunities offered at your local community college campus.
Sex offenders may soon be banned on community colleges. Learn about the community college that has taken this watershed step in preventing children sex offenders from taking classes on campus.