Piedmont Virginia Community College
- The college is a comprehensive, public, associate degree-granting institution. As part of the Virginia Community College System, Piedmont Virginia Community College serves the City of Charlottesville and the counties of Albemarle, Buckingham, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, and Nelson.
- The teacher population of 142 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Piedmont Virginia Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||142 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,554 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,234 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,320 students||860 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,900||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College transfer and workforce development are the core of the college's mission. Challenging coursework and a full range of support services are provided for students in both college transfer and workforce development programs. The first two years of baccalaureate study prepare students for success at four-year colleges and universities. Workforce development programs prepare students for successful careers and promote a skilled regional workforce by meeting the training and educational needs of employers. Programs and services in developmental education, general education, community service, and lifelong learning support and enhance the mission core and prepare students for success in life. Students come to PVCC because it is accessible. They can receive high quality education, interacting with caring and committed faculty members in small classes, at a price they can afford. They can work and go to school in the evenings and on weekends. Through our distance learning program, they can study any time and place they have access to the Internet. The college offers Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science degrees and Career Studies Certificate certificates.
- The nearest community college to Piedmont Virginia Community College is Blue Ridge Community College (31.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,388 students | 31.20 Mi1 College Lane
Weyers Cave,  VA  24486
- 7,282 students | 46.30 Mi2130 Germanna Hwy
Locust Grove,  VA  22508
- 189 students | 58.50 Mi10304 Spotsylvania Ave Suite 400
Fredericksburg,  VA  22408
- 4,519 students | 58.60 Mi3506 Wards Rd
Lynchburg,  VA  24502
- 11,735 students | 60.50 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond,  VA  23236
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.