- The college is a comprehensive, public, associate degree-granting institution. As part of the Virginia Community College System, Piedmont Virginia Community College serves the City of Charlottesville and the counties of Albemarle, Buckingham, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, and Nelson.
- Enrollment: 4,864 students
- In-state tuition: $4,235
- Out-state tuition: $10,073
- Student:teacher ratio: 17:1
- Minority enrollment: 28%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- College transfer and workforce development are the core of the college's mission. Challenging coursework and a full range of support services are provided for students in both college transfer and workforce development programs. The first two years of baccalaureate study prepare students for success at four-year colleges and universities. Workforce development programs prepare students for successful careers and promote a skilled regional workforce by meeting the training and educational needs of employers. Programs and services in developmental education, general education, community service, and lifelong learning support and enhance the mission core and prepare students for success in life. Students come to PVCC because it is accessible. They can receive high quality education, interacting with caring and committed faculty members in small classes, at a price they can afford. They can work and go to school in the evenings and on weekends. Through our distance learning program, they can study any time and place they have access to the Internet. The college offers Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science degrees and Career Studies Certificate certificates.