Piedmont Virginia Community College
- The college is a comprehensive, public, associate degree-granting institution. As part of the Virginia Community College System, Piedmont Virginia Community College serves the City of Charlottesville and the counties of Albemarle, Buckingham, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, and Nelson.
- The teacher population of 142 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Piedmont Virginia Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||142 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,554 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,234 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,320 students||860 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,900||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College transfer and workforce development are the core of the college's mission. Challenging coursework and a full range of support services are provided for students in both college transfer and workforce development programs. The first two years of baccalaureate study prepare students for success at four-year colleges and universities. Workforce development programs prepare students for successful careers and promote a skilled regional workforce by meeting the training and educational needs of employers. Programs and services in developmental education, general education, community service, and lifelong learning support and enhance the mission core and prepare students for success in life. Students come to PVCC because it is accessible. They can receive high quality education, interacting with caring and committed faculty members in small classes, at a price they can afford. They can work and go to school in the evenings and on weekends. Through our distance learning program, they can study any time and place they have access to the Internet. The college offers Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science degrees and Career Studies Certificate certificates.
- The nearest community college to Piedmont Virginia Community College is Blue Ridge Community College (31.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,388 students | 31.20 Mi1 College Lane
Weyers Cave,  VA  24486
- 7,282 students | 46.30 Mi2130 Germanna Hwy
Locust Grove,  VA  22508
- 189 students | 58.50 Mi10304 Spotsylvania Ave Suite 400
Fredericksburg,  VA  22408
- 4,519 students | 58.60 Mi3506 Wards Rd
Lynchburg,  VA  24502
- 11,735 students | 60.50 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond,  VA  23236
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.