Central Virginia Community College
- Central Virginia Community College, a two-year institution established as a member of the Virginia Community College System, provides State-supported educational facilities beyond the high school level for the cities of Lynchburg and Bedford and the counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford, and Campbell. The curricula and programs of the College serve more than 228,000 people within this geographical jurisdiction.
- The teacher population of 133 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Central Virginia Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||133 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,519 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,513 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,006 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,400||$29,400|
- Early in 1965, a local committee was formed to investigate the needs and feasibility of a community college for the Central Virginia region; and in July, 1966, the State Board for Community Colleges selected Central Virginia as a community college location to serve the cities of Lynchburg and Bedford and the counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford and Campbell. The site selected, where Central Virginia Community College presently stands, was approved by the State and Local Boards because of its geographic center to the service area's population and accessibility to all major highways in the area. With academic excellence its aim in all areas, the College offers various programs to meet the diverse needs of the region it serves. Its two-year college transfer programs in arts and sciences and in certain pre-professional areas lead to associate degrees and offer courses generally acceptable for transfer to four-year institutions. Its occupational and technical programs lead to diplomas, certificates, or associate of applied science degrees and are designed to prepare individuals for certain professions. Its other programs, including developmental work, special training for industry, and community service, offer instruction commensurate with the needs of individuals, groups or the area at large.
- The nearest community college to Central Virginia Community College is Virginia Western Community College (44.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,632 students | 44.30 Mi3093 Colonial Ave
Roanoke,  VA  24015
- 1,337 students | 46.30 Mi1813 E Main St
Salem,  VA  24153
- 1,257 students | 48.20 Mi1000 Dabney Drive
Clifton Forge,  VA  24422
- 3,982 students | 56.10 Mi1008 S Main St
Danville,  VA  24541
- 2,900 students | 57.10 Mi645 Patriot Avenue
Martinsville,  VA  24112