Phillips School of Nursing at Mount Sinai Beth Israel
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (212) 614-6114
- The mission of Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing, as a single purpose institution, is to provide optimal academic and clinical experiences which will enable individuals to obtain an Associate in Applied Science Degree, and be eligible for licensure as Registered Professional Nurses. The education program prepares graduates to utilize the knowledge and skills necessary to problem-solve, think critcally and collaborate as necessary with health care providers in managing the care of clients. The education also prepares them to be responsible for their own personal and professional growth.
The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Phillips School of Nursing at Mount Sinai Beth Israel||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Other Health Professions Schools||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing has been a leader in professional nursing education. Over the past century more than 3,500 nurses have graduated from our School—many have made enormous contributions to the advancement of the nursing profession. Since its inception as a diploma program in 1904, the School has undergone significant changes. In 1978, the School of Nursing received approval to grant the degree of Associate in Applied Science in Nursing. A major academic affiliation was established in 1983 with Pace University offering the liberal arts component of the program. The School also has articulation agreements with Pace and New York Universities for pursuit of the baccalaureate degree. In 1985, the School received full accreditation by the National League for Nursing and was reaccredited in 2002 for a full eight years. Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing maintains a fully equipped nursing practice laboratory and state-of-the-art resource learning center with individual computers and excellent computer software systems to support learning. Nursing education provides the graduate with the competencies necessary to implement nursing care based upon current knowledge and concepts of the biological, social and behavioral sciences, nursing concepts, current technology and health care trends. The ultimate goal is to graduate nurses who deliver competent and compassionate health care and who participate in professional activities.
The nearest community college to Phillips School of Nursing at Mount Sinai Beth Israel is Fashion Institute of Technology (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,767 students | 0.20 Mi227 W 27th St
New York, NY 10001
(212) 217-7999 0.208,767
- 490 students | 0.40 Mi500 7th Ave
New York, NY 10018
(212) 349-4330 0.40490
- 270 students | 0.70 Mi120 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10016
(212) 686-9244 0.70270
- 955 students | 0.70 Mi50 West 40th Street
New York, NY 10018
(646) 313-8000 0.70955
- 411 students | 0.80 Mi8 E 40th St
New York, NY 10016
(212) 686-9040 0.80411
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?