Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (717) 771-4000
- Penn State York is a vital part of one one of the greatest universities in America. When you come to Penn State York you will have all the advantages that a small, caring, student centered college costing many times the price of a Penn State education can provide, coupled with ready access to all of the resources of a major university. You can complete eight bachelor's degrees, six baccalaureate minors, and six associate degrees without leaving our campus. or you can move to another Penn State location after your first two years here to complete more than 160 undergraduate degrees. At Penn State York, your faculty members want to actively engage you in the adventure of learning. Whether that engagement is in undergraduate research, in community service projects, in internships, or in seminars, Penn State York is committed to helping you expand your academic horizons and reexamine how you view yourself and the wider world around you. Penn State York offers many opportunities for you to be involved in and to become a leader of campus co-curricular activities. From Student Government to clubs to athletics, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the life of your campus and your community.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||70 staff||36 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York is YTI Career Institute-York (3.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,327 students | 3.50 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
(717) 757-1100 3.501,327
- 245 students | 21.70 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster,  PA  17603
(800) 689-0379 21.70245
- 1,800 students | 22.10 Mi850 Greenfield Road
Lancaster,  PA  17601
(800) 622-5443 22.101,800
- 1,233 students | 22.60 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster,  PA  17602
(717) 299-7731 22.601,233
- 4,952 students | 23.70 Mi1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster,  PA  17602
(717) 293-5000 23.704,952
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.