Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York
- Penn State York is a vital part of one one of the greatest universities in America. When you come to Penn State York you will have all the advantages that a small, caring, student centered college costing many times the price of a Penn State education can provide, coupled with ready access to all of the resources of a major university. You can complete eight bachelor's degrees, six baccalaureate minors, and six associate degrees without leaving our campus. or you can move to another Penn State location after your first two years here to complete more than 160 undergraduate degrees. At Penn State York, your faculty members want to actively engage you in the adventure of learning. Whether that engagement is in undergraduate research, in community service projects, in internships, or in seminars, Penn State York is committed to helping you expand your academic horizons and reexamine how you view yourself and the wider world around you. Penn State York offers many opportunities for you to be involved in and to become a leader of campus co-curricular activities. From Student Government to clubs to athletics, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the life of your campus and your community.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||70 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,172 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||839 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||333 students||246 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||838 students||372 students|
|# Graduate Students||1 students||8 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York is YTI Career Institute-York (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,677 students | 3.70 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 224 students | 21.80 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster,  PA  17608
- 217 students | 22.00 Mi5650 Derry St
Harrisburg,  PA  17111
- 1,447 students | 22.20 Mi410 N Lime Street
Lancaster,  PA  17602
- 913 students | 22.80 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster,  PA  17602
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.