- Penn State York is a vital part of one one of the greatest universities in America. When you come to Penn State York you will have all the advantages that a small, caring, student centered college costing many times the price of a Penn State education can provide, coupled with ready access to all of the resources of a major university. You can complete eight bachelor's degrees, six baccalaureate minors, and six associate degrees without leaving our campus. or you can move to another Penn State location after your first two years here to complete more than 160 undergraduate degrees. At Penn State York, your faculty members want to actively engage you in the adventure of learning. Whether that engagement is in undergraduate research, in community service projects, in internships, or in seminars, Penn State York is committed to helping you expand your academic horizons and reexamine how you view yourself and the wider world around you. Penn State York offers many opportunities for you to be involved in and to become a leader of campus co-curricular activities. From Student Government to clubs to athletics, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the life of your campus and your community.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York serves 948 students (83% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 33% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 39%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 948 students
- In-state tuition: $13,930
- Out-state tuition: $20,766
- Acceptance Rate: 76%
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 33%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York
(PA) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York diversity score of 0.54 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has declined by 14% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $13,930 is more than the state average of $9,730. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $20,766 is more than the state average of $13,992. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Total Avg.
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York cost?
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York's tuition is approximately $13,930 for In-State students and $20,766 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York?
The acceptance rate of Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York is 76%, which is lower than the state average of 85%.
What is Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York's ranking?
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.