Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York
- Penn State York is a vital part of one one of the greatest universities in America. When you come to Penn State York you will have all the advantages that a small, caring, student centered college costing many times the price of a Penn State education can provide, coupled with ready access to all of the resources of a major university. You can complete eight bachelor's degrees, six baccalaureate minors, and six associate degrees without leaving our campus. or you can move to another Penn State location after your first two years here to complete more than 160 undergraduate degrees. At Penn State York, your faculty members want to actively engage you in the adventure of learning. Whether that engagement is in undergraduate research, in community service projects, in internships, or in seminars, Penn State York is committed to helping you expand your academic horizons and reexamine how you view yourself and the wider world around you. Penn State York offers many opportunities for you to be involved in and to become a leader of campus co-curricular activities. From Student Government to clubs to athletics, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the life of your campus and your community.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||70 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,172 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||839 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||333 students||246 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||838 students||372 students|
|# Graduate Students||1 students||8 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York is YTI Career Institute-York (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,677 students | 3.70 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 224 students | 21.80 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster,  PA  17608
- 217 students | 22.00 Mi5650 Derry St
Harrisburg,  PA  17111
- 1,447 students | 22.20 Mi410 N Lime Street
Lancaster,  PA  17602
- 913 students | 22.80 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster,  PA  17602
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.