Fortis Institute-Forty Fort
- Allied Medical & Technical Institute provides an opportunity for organizations to hire the graduates of our schools who have completed quality, people-oriented, post-secondary career training. These graduates are capable of utilizing those skills in the business world, resulting in a positive impact for themselves and the businesses they are associated with.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis Institute-Forty Fort||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||186 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||186 students||372 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,100||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Allied Medical & Technical Institute is at the forefront of career education in Northeast Pennsylvania. Our facilities and programs are continually being enhanced so we can offer you the best education that will get you the career training you need to enter today's job market with confidence. The Forty Fort campus of Allied Medical & Technical Institute is located in a lovely residential area of Wyoming Valley, which has served the Greater Wilkes-Barre area since 1984. The location of the Forty Fort campus makes it easily accessible from Rt. 81 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Our school is comprised of a friendly admissions and administrative staff and experienced instructors. We offer hands-on training that offers our students an interesting and enjoyable learning experience. Our Forty Fort campus is proud of its history of providing a skilled workforce to the Greater Wilkes-Barre area for over 20 years. Programs offered at the Forty Fort campus includes Business Administration/Accounting, ECG/Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Assistant Technician, Medical Transcriptionist/Insurance Billing Specialist and Pharmacy Technician. The college is accredited by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT) and licensed by the State Board of Private Licensed Schools of Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Fortis Institute-Forty Fort is Luzerne County Community College (8.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,049 students | 8.50 Mi1333 South Prospect Street
Nanticoke,  PA  18634
- 1,490 students | 14.60 Mi501 Vine St
Scranton,  PA  18509
- 385 students | 15.20 Mi517 Ash Street
Scranton,  PA  18509
- 455 students | 17.10 Mi3427 N Main Ave
Scranton,  PA  18508
- 1,484 students | 20.10 MiOne College Green
La Plume,  PA  18440
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.