Fortis Institute-Forty Fort
- Allied Medical & Technical Institute provides an opportunity for organizations to hire the graduates of our schools who have completed quality, people-oriented, post-secondary career training. These graduates are capable of utilizing those skills in the business world, resulting in a positive impact for themselves and the businesses they are associated with.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis Institute-Forty Fort||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||186 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||186 students||372 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,100||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Allied Medical & Technical Institute is at the forefront of career education in Northeast Pennsylvania. Our facilities and programs are continually being enhanced so we can offer you the best education that will get you the career training you need to enter today's job market with confidence. The Forty Fort campus of Allied Medical & Technical Institute is located in a lovely residential area of Wyoming Valley, which has served the Greater Wilkes-Barre area since 1984. The location of the Forty Fort campus makes it easily accessible from Rt. 81 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Our school is comprised of a friendly admissions and administrative staff and experienced instructors. We offer hands-on training that offers our students an interesting and enjoyable learning experience. Our Forty Fort campus is proud of its history of providing a skilled workforce to the Greater Wilkes-Barre area for over 20 years. Programs offered at the Forty Fort campus includes Business Administration/Accounting, ECG/Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Assistant Technician, Medical Transcriptionist/Insurance Billing Specialist and Pharmacy Technician. The college is accredited by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT) and licensed by the State Board of Private Licensed Schools of Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Fortis Institute-Forty Fort is Luzerne County Community College (8.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,049 students | 8.50 Mi1333 South Prospect Street
Nanticoke,  PA  18634
- 1,490 students | 14.60 Mi501 Vine St
Scranton,  PA  18509
- 385 students | 15.20 Mi517 Ash Street
Scranton,  PA  18509
- 455 students | 17.10 Mi3427 N Main Ave
Scranton,  PA  18508
- 1,484 students | 20.10 MiOne College Green
La Plume,  PA  18440
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.