Luzerne County Community College
- Luzerne County Community College is a public learning institution primarily serving the residents of Luzerne and surrounding counties in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our mission is to provide excellence in education, guiding the learner in pursuit of educational and employment goals. The College offers educational programs that are accessible, affordable, and flexible in delivery, while maintaining an open door policy supported by comprehensive services. The learning environment fosters value for lifelong learning, respect to diversity, and development of students as contributing members of society. Partnerships with businesses, organizations, and other educational institutions are established in order to upgrade workforce development and to contribute to the economic and technological advancement of the communities served.
- The teacher population of 235 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Luzerne County Community College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||235 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,049 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,793 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,256 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,100||$34,800|
- The permanent campus of Luzeme County Community College is situated at 1333 South Prospect Street in Nanticoke, Pennsylvania. Of the fourteen buildings which make up the College's permanent facilities, the General Academic Buildings and the two Technical Arts Buildings contain classrooms, laboratories, and faculty offices. The Medical Arts Complex consists of a dental arts facility, a nursing arts facility and the Career Services Office. Luzerne County Community College is the largest college in northeastern Pennsylvania. LCCC's 167-acre main campus is located in the center of Luzerne County Pennsylvania with 13 satellite campuses located throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania. At Luzerne County Community College, we offer a multitude of quality and unique liberal arts and technology programs. Today, the college boasts more than 22,000 degree-bearing alumni. LCCC currently offers 16 degree programs in the Liberal Arts & Sciences; 47 Technical-Career Programs; 33 certificate programs; and 14 diploma programs. The College's top programs in terms of enrollment are General Studies, Education, Nursing, Criminal Justice, Business Management Technology, Business Administration, and Computer Information Systems. Plus, LCCC offers hundreds of credit-free programs, making it the largest supplier of credit-free education in the area. Luzerne County Community College is a public, two-year comprehensive community college. The College is accredited by Commission on Higher Education Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Luzerne County Community College is Fortis Institute-Forty Fort (8.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 186 students | 8.50 Mi166 Slocum Street
Kingston,  PA  18704
- 1,490 students | 23.10 Mi501 Vine St
Scranton,  PA  18509
- 385 students | 23.70 Mi517 Ash Street
Scranton,  PA  18509
- 455 students | 25.60 Mi3427 N Main Ave
Scranton,  PA  18508
- 148 students | 27.30 Mi47 south main street
Mahanoy City,  PA  17948