Luzerne County Community College
- Luzerne County Community College is a public learning institution primarily serving the residents of Luzerne and surrounding counties in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our mission is to provide excellence in education, guiding the learner in pursuit of educational and employment goals. The College offers educational programs that are accessible, affordable, and flexible in delivery, while maintaining an open door policy supported by comprehensive services. The learning environment fosters value for lifelong learning, respect to diversity, and development of students as contributing members of society. Partnerships with businesses, organizations, and other educational institutions are established in order to upgrade workforce development and to contribute to the economic and technological advancement of the communities served.
- Enrollment: 4,454 students
- In-state tuition: $8,460
- Out-state tuition: $12,330
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 27%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The permanent campus of Luzeme County Community College is situated at 1333 South Prospect Street in Nanticoke, Pennsylvania. Of the fourteen buildings which make up the College's permanent facilities, the General Academic Buildings and the two Technical Arts Buildings contain classrooms, laboratories, and faculty offices. The Medical Arts Complex consists of a dental arts facility, a nursing arts facility and the Career Services Office. Luzerne County Community College is the largest college in northeastern Pennsylvania. LCCC's 167-acre main campus is located in the center of Luzerne County Pennsylvania with 13 satellite campuses located throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania. At Luzerne County Community College, we offer a multitude of quality and unique liberal arts and technology programs. Today, the college boasts more than 22,000 degree-bearing alumni. LCCC currently offers 16 degree programs in the Liberal Arts & Sciences; 47 Technical-Career Programs; 33 certificate programs; and 14 diploma programs. The College's top programs in terms of enrollment are General Studies, Education, Nursing, Criminal Justice, Business Management Technology, Business Administration, and Computer Information Systems. Plus, LCCC offers hundreds of credit-free programs, making it the largest supplier of credit-free education in the area. Luzerne County Community College is a public, two-year comprehensive community college. The College is accredited by Commission on Higher Education Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Luzerne County Community College cost?
Luzerne County Community College's tuition is approximately $8,460 for In-State students and $12,330 for Out-State students.