- Penn Commercial began as a business school in Washington, Pennsylvania in June 1929. Over its more than 75 years of existence, Penn Commercial has provided quality educational programs to the job-seeking community members. Since founded in 1929 and incorporated into the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1979, Penn Commercial has expanded and broadened its programs and facilities to meet the ever-changing requirements and needs of students and businesses alike.
Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School serves 238 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 39%.
- Enrollment: 238 students
- Private-state tuition: $21,000
- Acceptance Rate: 91%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 18%
- Source: Verified school update
The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School
(PA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School has grown by 5% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 9:1 over five years.
The Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School diversity score of 0.32 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has grown by 19% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $21,000 is more than the state average of $17,669. The private state tuition has grown by 72% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Penn Commercial purchased a building located in the Oak Spring Plaza in Washington, Pennsylvania in May 2001. The school immediately began renovations on the 65,000 square feet the school would occupy. The new facility provided many benefits for the students including state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, a licensed in-house day care center, classrooms located on one floor, and free ample parking for all students, staff, and visitors. The new Penn Commercial opened its doors to students in September 2001 and was officially introduced into the community with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on October 24, 2001. Penn Commercial offers Associate Degree in Information Technology and Security, Medical Assistant, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration and Computer Aided Drafting and Design. Penn Commercial offers many programs during evening school as well. In spite of continuing changes in the medical and technical fields, Penn Commercial's commitment to provide quality education to its students remains the same. Penn Commercial's curriculum helps students develop their individual potential, discover their strengths, and prepare themselves for lives that are both personally and professionally satisfying. With this mission in mind, Penn Commercial moves confidently into the future. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) to award diplomas and occupational associate degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School cost?
Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School's private state tuition is approximately $21,000.
What is the acceptance rate of Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School?
The acceptance rate of Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School is 91%, which is higher than the state average of 85%.
How to Take Online Community College Classes for Free
Learn about programs across the country that allow students to take online community college classes for free.
A Nontraditional Student’s Guide to Community College
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Beyond the High School Classroom: The Pros and Cons of Dual Enrollment
Explore the intricacies of dual enrollment, a growing educational trend that allows high school students to earn college credits. This comprehensive guide delves into its history, eligibility requirements, benefits, and drawbacks, offering valuable insights for both parents and students considering this path.