Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (724) 222-5330
- Penn Commercial began as a business school in Washington, Pennsylvania in June 1929. Over its more than 75 years of existence, Penn Commercial has provided quality educational programs to the job-seeking community members. Since founded in 1929 and incorporated into the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1979, Penn Commercial has expanded and broadened its programs and facilities to meet the ever-changing requirements and needs of students and businesses alike.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||25 staff||36 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Penn Commercial purchased a building located in the Oak Spring Plaza in Washington, Pennsylvania in May 2001. The school immediately began renovations on the 65,000 square feet the school would occupy. The new facility provided many benefits for the students including state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, a licensed in-house day care center, classrooms located on one floor, and free ample parking for all students, staff, and visitors. The new Penn Commercial opened its doors to students in September 2001 and was officially introduced into the community with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on October 24, 2001. Penn Commercial offers Associate Degree in Information Technology and Security, Medical Assistant, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration and Computer Aided Drafting and Design. Penn Commercial offers many programs during evening school as well. In spite of continuing changes in the medical and technical fields, Penn Commercial's commitment to provide quality education to its students remains the same. Penn Commercial's curriculum helps students develop their individual potential, discover their strengths, and prepare themselves for lives that are both personally and professionally satisfying. With this mission in mind, Penn Commercial moves confidently into the future. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) to award diplomas and occupational associate degrees.
Profile last updated: 08/13/2021
The nearest community college to Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School is Pittsburgh Technical College (16.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,651 students | 16.90 Mi1111 McKee Road
Oakdale, PA 15071
(412) 809-5100 16.901,651
- 213 students | 18.60 Mi130 7th St
Monessen, PA 15062
(724) 684-3684 18.60213
- 417 students | 19.90 Mi215 Beecham Drive, Suite 2
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
(800) 521-6262 19.90417
- 499 students | 20.20 Mi5 Allegheny County Airport
West Mifflin, PA 15122
(412) 346-2100 20.20499
- 413 students | 21.30 Mi125 West Station Square Drive, Suite 129
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
(412) 391-6710 21.30413
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?