Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School
- Penn Commercial began as a business school in Washington, Pennsylvania in June 1929. Over its more than 75 years of existence, Penn Commercial has provided quality educational programs to the job-seeking community members. Since founded in 1929 and incorporated into the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1979, Penn Commercial has expanded and broadened its programs and facilities to meet the ever-changing requirements and needs of students and businesses alike.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||25 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||335 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||335 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Penn Commercial purchased a building located in the Oak Spring Plaza in Washington, Pennsylvania in May 2001. The school immediately began renovations on the 63,000 square feet the school would occupy. The new facility provided many benefits for the students including state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, a licensed in-house day care center, classrooms located on one floor, and free ample parking for all students, staff, and visitors. The new Penn Commercial opened its doors to students in September 2001 and was officially introduced into the community with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on October 24, 2001. Penn Commercial offers Associate Degree in Business Administration – Accounting Major, Business Administration – Human Resources Major, Business Administration – Marketing/Management Major, Network Administrator, Executive Office Administration, Legal Office Administration, Medical Assistant, Medical Office Administration, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration and Engineering Drafting with CAD. Penn Commercial offers many programs during evening school as well. In spite of continuing changes in the business and technical fields, Penn Commercial's commitment to provide quality education to its students remains the same. Penn Commercial's curriculum helps students develop their individual potential, discover their strengths, and prepare themselves for lives that are both personally and professionally satisfying. With this mission in mind, Penn Commercial moves confidently into the future. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award diplomas and occupational associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Penn Commercial BusinessTechnical School is Pittsburgh Technical College (16.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,045 students | 16.60 Mi1111 McKee Road
Oakdale,  PA  15071
- 267 students | 18.50 Mi130 7th St
Monessen,  PA  15062
- 166 students | 19.50 Mi1501 W Liberty Ave
Pittsburgh,  PA  15226
- 382 students | 19.70 Mi5 Allegheny County Airport
West Mifflin,  PA  15122
- 349 students | 19.80 Mi215 Beecham Drive Suite 2
Pittsburgh,  PA  15205
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.