St Philip's College
- St. Philip's College, founded in 1898, is a comprehensive, public community college whose mission is to provide a quality educational environment which stimulates leadership, personal growth, and a lifelong appreciation for learning.
- The teacher population of 472 teachers has grown by 10% over five years.
|St Philip's College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||472 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,514 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,622 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,892 students||2,866 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,600||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As a Historically Black College and as a Hispanic Serving Institution, St. Philip's College strives to be an important force in the community, responsive to the needs of a population rich in its ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic diversity. St. Philip's College seeks to create an environment fostering excellence in academic and technical achievement, while expanding its commitment to opportunity and access. St. Philip's College was founded in 1898 by Bishop James Steptoe Johnston of St. Philip's Episcopal Church of the West Texas Diocese. The school, which opened on March 1, 1898, began as a sewing class for girls with fewer than 20 students in a house located in the area known today as the historic La Villita area in downtown San Antonio. Today, St. Philip's College remains a multi-campus institution of the Alamo Community College District, joining three other colleges – San Antonio College, Palo Alto College and Northwest Vista College – in meeting the educational needs of San Antonio's growing and diverse community. A Historically Black College and Hispanic Serving Institution with a semester enrollment of over 8,000, St. Philip's is among the oldest and most diverse community colleges in the nation and one of the fastest growing in Texas. St. Philip's College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award degrees in Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, and Certificates of Completion.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 21,280 students | 3.40 Mi1300 San Pedro Ave
San Antonio,  TX  78212
- 574 students | 7.30 Mi7142 San Pedro Suite 100
San Antonio,  TX  78216
- 8,376 students | 8.20 Mi1400 W Villaret Blvd
San Antonio,  TX  78224
- n/a students | 9.50 Mi4511 Horizon Hill Boulevard, Suite 300
San Antonio,  TX  78229
- 418 students | 9.50 Mi4511 Horizon Hill Rd
San Antonio,  TX  78229
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.