- San Antonio College is a public community college which provides for and supports the educational and lifelong learning needs of a multicultural community. As a leader in education, San Antonio College is committed to excellence in helping students reach their full potential by developing their academic competencies, critical thinking skills, communication proficiency, civic responsibility and global awareness.
- Enrollment: 19,231 students
- In-state tuition: $5,550
- Out-state tuition: $10,740
- Student:teacher ratio: 22:1
- Minority enrollment: 74%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- In support of the mission of the Alamo Community College District, San Antonio College responds to Bexar County's diverse community by providing high quality general education, liberal arts and sciences, career education, continuing education and developmental education. The college has an average semester enrollment of 21,000 credit students and an average annual enrollment of 16,000 other-than-credit students. San Antonio College is the largest single-campus community college in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. San Antonio College offers a comprehensive liberal arts curriculum designed to satisfy the requirements of the first two years of a baccalaureate degree. Founded in 1925 as the University Junior College, San Antonio College is the oldest two-year college in the state never operated as a private institution. Under control of the University of Texas for the first year, the college held afternoon and evening classes at the old Main Avenue High School. Control of the college was transferred in 1926 to the San Antonio Independent School District, and the name was changed to San Antonio Junior College. Operations were relocated to a downtown location at the German-English school on South Alamo Street. In 1978, the District's name was changed to the San Antonio Community College District, and in 1982 it was renamed the Alamo Community College District. Today, San Antonio College is one of the largest single-campus community colleges in the country and the largest single-campus college in the State of Texas, enrolling over 22,000 students. San Antonio College is approved and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the Association of Texas Colleges and Universities, the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation, the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) in conjunction with the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), the Texas Educational Theatre Association, the Texas Association of Music Schools, the National League for Nursing, the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas, the American Board of Funeral Service Education and the Community College Journalism Association.