Northwest Vista College
- Northwest Vista College is a college of the Alamo Community College District along with its sister colleges that include Palo Alto College, St. Philip's College, San Antonio College and Northeast Lakeview College in serving Bexar County and the surrounding areas.
- Enrollment: 18,542 students
- In-state tuition: $5,550
- Out-state tuition: $10,740
- Student:teacher ratio: 31:1
- Minority enrollment: 79%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Established in 1994, with a donation of approximately 137 acres from World Savings and Loan Association, Northwest Vista College began holding classes in off-campus locations in the fall of 1995 with an enrollment of 12 students. The college began construction of its campus in July 1997 and the Mountain Laurel Hall opened to students in October 1998. The campus celebrated its grand opening in October 1999 with the completion of the Manzanillo Hall and the Huisache Hall. Located on 137 acres, Northwest Vista College is comprised of the following buildings: Manzanillo Hall,, Mountain Laurel Hall, Huisache Hall, Pecan Hall, Texas Persimmon Physical Plant and the Boardwalk. The Manzanillo Hall houses the state-of-the-art Learning Resource Center, the Student Success Center and the college's administration offices. The Huisache Hall is home to the bookstore, the college's Kinesiology and Multimedia Technology programs, the Office of Student Engagement, the student lounge, banquet facilities and refreshment vending facilities. The Mountain Laurel Hall is home to classrooms, laboratories, and faculty offices. The Pecan Hall is home to the Center for Workforce and Community Education, classrooms, dance studios, and computer labs. The Boardwalk includes 23,000 square feet of additional classroom space. The college offers programs in Academic Foundations, Communication Arts, Arts & Humanities, Business & Government, Natural & Physical Sciences, Social and Computer Sciences and Support Areas. Northwest Vista College offers Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science degrees, Certificates, and Marketable Skills Achievement Awards.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Northwest Vista College cost?
Northwest Vista College's tuition is approximately $5,550 for In-State students and $10,740 for Out-State students.