Ohio University-Lancaster Campus
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (740) 654-6711
- Ohio University-lancaster branch is one of five Regional Campuses of Ohio University serving southeastern Ohio and the neighboring communities of West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Ohio University was established in 1804 as the first university in the state of Ohio and the Northwest Territory.
Ohio University-Lancaster Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 74 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio University-Lancaster Campus||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||74 staff||38 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Fifty years ago Ohio University extended courses and services to Lancaster and Fairfield County. Now the Lancaster Campus serves over 1700 students annually who are seeking associate's, bachelor's, or master's degrees. Many students join us directly from high school; many return to the classroom after taking time for employment or family; some transfer from other colleges, universities, and technical schools; and still more take courses in summer or during intersession for credits toward their programs at other schools. Academic Degrees are offered in Post-Secondary education, College Tech Prep programs prepare more young adults for the evolving technology workforce, Associates - a degree awarded upon completion of a two-year program of study, Bachelors - A degree awarded upon successful completion an undergraduate course of study in the aspects of science, technology, arts or humanities and Masters - A degree awarded after one to two year's of post-graduate study. Services available to students include academic advising, career counseling and job placement, developmental courses, a Tutoring and Learning Resource Center, and state-certified child care for the children of our students. Students enjoy participating in Alpha Phi Omega, Phi Theta Kappa, L.E.A.D., intercollegiate and intramural athletics, cultural events, political activities, and discussions.
The nearest community college to Ohio University-Lancaster Campus is World Harvest Bible College (14.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 14.40 Mi10165 Wright Rd
Canal Winchester,  OH  43110
(614) 837-4088 14.40n/a
- 92 students | 21.30 Mi2745 Winchester Pike
Columbus,  OH  43232
(614) 643-6680 21.3092
- 3,442 students | 24.10 Mi1179 University Drive
Newark,  OH  43055
(740) 366-1351 24.103,442
- 2,882 students | 24.10 Mi1179 University Dr
Newark,  OH  43055
(740) 366-3321 24.102,882
- 324 students | 26.20 Mi2469 Stelzer Road
Columbus,  OH  43219
(614) 416-6200 26.20324
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.