Ohio University-Lancaster Campus
- Ohio University-lancaster branch is one of five Regional Campuses of Ohio University serving southeastern Ohio and the neighboring communities of West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Ohio University was established in 1804 as the first university in the state of Ohio and the Northwest Territory.
Ohio University-Lancaster Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 74 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio University-Lancaster Campus||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||74 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,464 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,204 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,260 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$43,700||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Fifty years ago Ohio University extended courses and services to Lancaster and Fairfield County. Now the Lancaster Campus serves over 1700 students annually who are seeking associate's, bachelor's, or master's degrees. Many students join us directly from high school; many return to the classroom after taking time for employment or family; some transfer from other colleges, universities, and technical schools; and still more take courses in summer or during intersession for credits toward their programs at other schools. Academic Degrees are offered in Post-Secondary education, College Tech Prep programs prepare more young adults for the evolving technology workforce, Associates - a degree awarded upon completion of a two-year program of study, Bachelors - A degree awarded upon successful completion an undergraduate course of study in the aspects of science, technology, arts or humanities and Masters - A degree awarded after one to two year's of post-graduate study. Services available to students include academic advising, career counseling and job placement, developmental courses, a Tutoring and Learning Resource Center, and state-certified child care for the children of our students. Students enjoy participating in Alpha Phi Omega, Phi Theta Kappa, L.E.A.D., intercollegiate and intramural athletics, cultural events, political activities, and discussions.
- The nearest community college to Ohio University-Lancaster Campus is World Harvest Bible College (14.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 14.40 Mi10165 Wright Rd
Canal Winchester,  OH  43110
- 45 students | 21.30 Mi2745 Winchester Pike
Columbus,  OH  43232
- 3,567 students | 24.10 Mi1179 University Drive
Newark,  OH  43055
- 2,396 students | 24.10 Mi1179 University Dr
Newark,  OH  43055
- 443 students | 26.20 Mi2469 Stelzer Road
Columbus,  OH  43219
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.