Ohio State University-Newark Campus
- The Ohio State University at Newark offers the best of the Big Ten educational experience, including a rich research heritage and academic excellence. Students at Ohio State Newark can complete bachelor’s degree programs in education, nursing (RN to BSN), general business, English, history and psychology. Students can also complete master’s degrees in Early/Middle Childhood (M.Ed.) and in Integrated Teaching and Learning (M.A.), and can complete most of the coursework necessary for a master’s degree in social work (M.A.). For other Ohio State degree programs, students can complete many of the course requirements here in Newark and then transfer to Columbus. Ohio State Newark is the largest of Ohio State’s regional campuses with 50 distinguished faculty members and a student body of more than 2,100.
Ohio State University-Newark Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 84 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio State University-Newark Campus||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||84 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,396 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,998 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||398 students||284 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,993 students||471 students|
|# Graduate Students||5 students||8 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||180||180|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$48,900||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Ohio State University-Newark Campus is Central Ohio Technical College (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,567 students | 0.00 Mi1179 University Drive
Newark,  OH  43055
- n/a students | 21.90 Mi10165 Wright Rd
Canal Winchester,  OH  43110
- 4,009 students | 23.00 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
- 2,116 students | 23.20 Mi1425 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
- 694 students | 24.00 Mi4151 Executive Parkway Ste 120
Westerville,  OH  43081
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.