Ohio State University-Newark Campus
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (740) 366-3321
- The Ohio State University at Newark offers the best of the Big Ten educational experience, including a rich research heritage and academic excellence. Students at Ohio State Newark can complete bachelor’s degree programs in education, nursing (RN to BSN), general business, English, history and psychology. Students can also complete master’s degrees in Early/Middle Childhood (M.Ed.) and in Integrated Teaching and Learning (M.A.), and can complete most of the coursework necessary for a master’s degree in social work (M.A.). For other Ohio State degree programs, students can complete many of the course requirements here in Newark and then transfer to Columbus. Ohio State Newark is the largest of Ohio State’s regional campuses with 50 distinguished faculty members and a student body of more than 2,100.
Ohio State University-Newark Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 84 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio State University-Newark Campus||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||84 staff||38 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Ohio State University-Newark Campus is Central Ohio Technical College (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,442 students | 0.00 Mi1179 University Drive
Newark,  OH  43055
(740) 366-1351 0.003,442
- n/a students | 21.90 Mi10165 Wright Rd
Canal Winchester,  OH  43110
(614) 837-4088 21.90n/a
- 2,275 students | 23.00 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
(740) 588-5000 23.002,275
- 1,103 students | 23.20 Mi1425 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
(740) 453-0762 23.201,103
- 896 students | 24.00 Mi4151 Executive Parkway Ste 120
Westerville,  OH  43081
(614) 882-2551 24.00896
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.