Ohio State University-Newark Campus
- The Ohio State University at Newark offers the best of the Big Ten educational experience, including a rich research heritage and academic excellence. Students at Ohio State Newark can complete bachelor’s degree programs in education, nursing (RN to BSN), general business, English, history and psychology. Students can also complete master’s degrees in Early/Middle Childhood (M.Ed.) and in Integrated Teaching and Learning (M.A.), and can complete most of the coursework necessary for a master’s degree in social work (M.A.). For other Ohio State degree programs, students can complete many of the course requirements here in Newark and then transfer to Columbus. Ohio State Newark is the largest of Ohio State’s regional campuses with 50 distinguished faculty members and a student body of more than 2,100.
Ohio State University-Newark Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 84 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio State University-Newark Campus||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||84 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,396 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,998 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||398 students||284 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,993 students||471 students|
|# Graduate Students||5 students||8 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||180||180|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$48,900||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Ohio State University-Newark Campus is Central Ohio Technical College (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,567 students | 0.00 Mi1179 University Drive
Newark,  OH  43055
- n/a students | 21.80 Mi10165 Wright Rd
Canal Winchester,  OH  43110
- 2,116 students | 23.10 Mi1425 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
- 4,009 students | 23.10 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
- 2,464 students | 23.40 Mi1570 Granville Pike
Lancaster,  OH  43130
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.