Ohio State University-Newark Campus
- The Ohio State University at Newark offers the best of the Big Ten educational experience, including a rich research heritage and academic excellence. Students at Ohio State Newark can complete bachelor’s degree programs in education, nursing (RN to BSN), general business, English, history and psychology. Students can also complete master’s degrees in Early/Middle Childhood (M.Ed.) and in Integrated Teaching and Learning (M.A.), and can complete most of the coursework necessary for a master’s degree in social work (M.A.). For other Ohio State degree programs, students can complete many of the course requirements here in Newark and then transfer to Columbus. Ohio State Newark is the largest of Ohio State’s regional campuses with 50 distinguished faculty members and a student body of more than 2,100.
Ohio State University-Newark Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 84 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio State University-Newark Campus||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||84 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,396 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,998 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||398 students||284 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,993 students||471 students|
|# Graduate Students||5 students||8 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||180||180|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$48,900||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Ohio State University-Newark Campus is Central Ohio Technical College (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,567 students | 0.00 Mi1179 University Drive
Newark,  OH  43055
- n/a students | 21.80 Mi10165 Wright Rd
Canal Winchester,  OH  43110
- 2,116 students | 23.10 Mi1425 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
- 4,009 students | 23.10 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville,  OH  43701
- 2,464 students | 23.40 Mi1570 Granville Pike
Lancaster,  OH  43130
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.