Ohio State University-Newark Campus
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (740) 366-3321
- The Ohio State University at Newark offers the best of the Big Ten educational experience, including a rich research heritage and academic excellence. Students at Ohio State Newark can complete bachelor’s degree programs in education, nursing (RN to BSN), general business, English, history and psychology. Students can also complete master’s degrees in Early/Middle Childhood (M.Ed.) and in Integrated Teaching and Learning (M.A.), and can complete most of the coursework necessary for a master’s degree in social work (M.A.). For other Ohio State degree programs, students can complete many of the course requirements here in Newark and then transfer to Columbus. Ohio State Newark is the largest of Ohio State’s regional campuses with 50 distinguished faculty members and a student body of more than 2,100.
Ohio State University-Newark Campus ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 84 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio State University-Newark Campus||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||84 staff||39 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Ohio State University-Newark Campus is Central Ohio Technical College (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,442 students | 0.00 Mi1179 University Drive
Newark, OH 43055
(740) 366-1351 0.003,442
- 232 students | 21.90 Mi10165 Wright Rd
Canal Winchester, OH 43110
(614) 837-4088 21.90232
- 2,275 students | 23.00 Mi1555 Newark Rd
Zanesville, OH 43701
(740) 588-5000 23.002,275
- 1,103 students | 23.20 Mi1425 Newark Rd
Zanesville, OH 43701
(740) 453-0762 23.201,103
- 896 students | 24.00 Mi4151 Executive Parkway Ste 120
Westerville, OH 43081
(614) 882-2551 24.00896
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.