Nossi College of Art
Nossi College of Art Photo #2 - Working in our large studio gives us plenty of room to move around. This is one of four total studios dedicated to photography and videography degree programs.
Nossi College of Art Photo #4 - Mock Interviews, something each graduating senior goes through for education, experience and feedback. Great interview experience, plus many of our students land jobs or have access to great opportunities!
Nossi College of Art Photo #5 - Working on a photo shoot with Musician, Phil Vassar. We help with photography, some video and graphic design needs for his team!
Nossi College of Art Photo #6 - On location video project. This was a documentary for a local nonprofit, St. Luke's Community House.
Nossi College of Art Photo #7 - On location shoot for Nossi's Photography and Videography class. Downtown Nashville high rise Condo is a great setting for fashion class!
Nossi College of Art Photo #9 - Anatomy studio, the illustration students and all design students have to go through a basic drawing class to understand the importance of all the tools available to you - with pen and paper or a computer.
- At Nossi College of Art, we are dedicated to preparing students for the vast and exciting business of visual communications. In addition to a traditional foundation in technical skills and courses, a Nossi graduate will also be prepped and ready to work with clients, skilled in professional-grade technology and equipped with real-world experience employers crave. Nossi is a small, private, professional college with a friendly atmosphere. Adjunct instructors are professional artists in Nashvilles creative community, allowing students to connect with artists in and out of the classroom.Even Nossi Vatandoost, our president and founder is a real artist. Forming these relationships gives our students insight into the creative industry that many art students will not see until after graduation - See more at: http://nossi.edu/about/#sthash.OAAS8YZ1.dpuf
Upcoming Events and News:
- Southern Halo Embrace the Moment in ‘Living Like That’ Video [Exclusive Premiere] Read More: Southern Halo Embrace 'Living Like That' in New Video | http://tasteofcountry.com/southern-halo-living-like-that-video/?trackback=tsmclip - 03/17/2017 - Southern Halo play their own instruments - Christina on drums, Hannah on bass and Natalia on guitar - and they say playing "Living Like That" live gets them energized on stage as they interact with their audience. Viewers get a glimpse into this energy through...more
- From written word to world of clicks - 05/19/2017 - Suzan Al Ameri is the first Arab photographer to cover events in the Nashville area of Tennessee, and became an acclaimed journalist photographer during her education at the Nossi College of Art. She recently won two silver medals at the Tennessee annual ADDY ...more
- Sweet Creations bakery expands to Jefferson Street - 06/30/2016 - Photos provided to Sweet Creations by Nossi College of Art Photography Students. View more on the Sweet Creations Website!<br /><br />Barbara Toms has been looking for a way to give back to the North Nashville community for a long time.A former lawyer and long...more
- Retail Notes: Sweet Creations preps to open new location - 06/16/2016 - Additionally, Sweet Creations partnered with photography and graphic design students at Nossi College of Art to create a refreshed brand identity and images for its website.
- Nossi offers new Master's Program - 07/30/2018 - Nossi College of Art is offering a new masters degree in instructional design and technologies, aiming to fill a gap in the education industry. The program is designed for creative professionals looking to expand their careers. It includes courses like teachin...more
- Nossi Helps Transfer Students from Art Institue - 07/12/2018 - "We are committed to talking with each AI student individually to understand his or her academic and career goals," said Cyrus Vatandoost, Nossi College of Art vice president. "We want to help students decide the degree program best suited for them with the in...more
- Student Services Director Nominated for Award - 06/07/2018 - The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce and YP Nashville on Thursday unveiled the 2018 finalists for the Nashville Emerging Leader Awards, a program recognizing Middle Tennessee`s top young professionals under the age of 40.The NELAs recognize five finalists in...more
Top Placements (Tennessee)
Listed among the top community colleges in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has grown by 500% over five years.
|Nossi College of Art||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||48 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||300 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||300 students||369 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,900||$29,500|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$29,500||$17,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$12,516||$6,297|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Kappa Pi - Eta Tau, Nashville Fashion Alliance, Nossi Veteran's Group, NossiMICs (music industry club)
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- From graphic and web design to photography, motion graphics to 3D Animation, plus video and film career options, Nossi College of Art graduates have gone on to successful, professional careers in advertising, photography, computer graphics, video and film careers plus so much more. Nossi College of Art offers Associate and Bachelor's degrees in the professional arts - Photography, Graphic Design, Interactive and Web Design, Video & Film and Illustration.
- We assist our students with financial aid for those who qualify and provide job placement assistance to all our graduates. With both day and night classes available year round our students are able to schedule classes around jobs and families.
- Students who enroll can expect to receive instruction in a variety of courses designed to teach and train individuals to be professional, commercial artists. Classes in advertising, graphic design, illustration, photography and videography teach students critical time-saving techniques that enable them to ultimately produce work within deadlines and with the creative skill necessary in the industry. We also offer marketing, business and social media courses to better understand the business behind the methods.
- In Commercial Digital Photography, the curriculum includes experience in basic and advanced camera techniques, a strong emphasis on lighting and composition and understanding the changing digital world of photography and image creation. Sports, advertising, fashion, nature, digital retouching, basic and advanced Photoshop, are all combined to give the student the ability to seek entry-level positions in commercial art firms, advertising agencies, commercial photography studios as well as the ability to freelance.
- For the Bachelor of Graphic Arts programs, students are taught in-depth techniques in traditional and digital technologies including web design and 3D animation in addition to general education classes that include commercial writing, art history and mass communication. Graduates hit the employment streets with a powerful portfolio that commands attention from both employers and clients alike. More importantly, our faculty will arm you with the conceptual, strategic, and critical thinking skills that will separate you from your peers and create leaders in the industry.
- The Bachelors Degree in Videography at Nossi College of Art highlights an emerging trend in video, incorporating graphic elements like motion graphics to short-format film. Video professionals are now being asked to do more with advances in technology, like uploading content directly to the web and understanding how to use graphics within video. Nossi's degree program concentrates on various aspects of video while incorporating graphic design, to enhance a student's skillset by deepening their understanding of the industry. In addition to fundamentals like writing, shooting, editing and directing, Nossi College also teaches design, marketing and business courses.
- The nearest community college to Nossi College of Art is Lincoln College of Technology-Nashville (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,782 students | 0.20 Mi1524 Gallatin Rd
Nashville,  TN  37206
- 319 students | 0.80 Mi1515 Gallatin Pike North
Madison,  TN  37115
- 304 students | 9.30 Mi2298 Rosa L Parks Blvd
Nashville,  TN  37228
- 380 students | 10.40 Mi441 Donelson Pk Ste 150
Nashville,  TN  37214
- 369 students | 10.80 Mi750 Envious Lane
Nashville,  TN  37217
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.