- Nossi College of Art was founded by an artist, Ms. Nossi, in 1973. It is where student artists create in Nashville, Tenn., AKA Music City USA. Let your creative mind run wild as you train for a career in fields like photography, graphic & web design, illustration, culinary arts, or video & film.
- Nossi College of Art is the only art college in Tennessee designed specifically for artists. Our new modern campus took three full years to build - from idea to completion - because we wanted to get everything just right. Our design and editing labs were created to mimic pro-level labs and are equipped with industry-standard software and tech. We boast one of the largest instructional photography studios in the region (2400 square feet!. If there`s a campus better designed to encourage creativity, we haven`t seen it.)
- Step onto our campus and it won`t take long to see why our students consider themselves unique and say, "I`m different. I`m Nossi." If people say you are different, then welcome home. https://nossi.edu/about/
- Enrollment: 289 students
- Acceptance Rate: 49%
- Student:teacher ratio: 6:1
- Minority enrollment: 33%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Colors Club for LGBT Students and Allies, Nossi Fashion Creatives, Nossi Student Events, Nossi Veteran's Group, NossiMICs (music industry club), Outdoors Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Kappa Pi - Eta Tau
Build a real-world portfolio while you are in school to set you apart from peers after graduation. Capture concerts and fashion shows, produce logos and posters for Nashville events, illustrate characters and children's books, document music videos and behind the scenes event documentaries, or code websites and appsfor Nashville area nonprofits, businesses, and brands.
We always assist students with financial aid for those who qualify and provide LIFETIME career assistance to all our graduates. With both day and night classes available year-round, our students are able to schedule classes around jobs and families.
Students who enroll can expect to receive instruction in a variety of courses designed to teach and train individuals to be professional, commercial artists. Classes focus on teaching students critical time-saving techniques enabling them to produce work within deadline and with the creative skills necessary for each industry. We also offer marketing, business and social media courses to better understand the business behind their chosen careers.
- Culinary Arts Associate Degreeis our
newest program that will launch in Fall 2021. Led by award-winning
Chef Anthony Mandriota, classes will focus on essential kitchen and
managerial skills necessary to be successful in the industry. In
addition to cooking and baking, students will learn about
leadership, business skills, and niche industries.
- For Photography students, the curriculum
includes experience in basic and advanced camera techniques, a
strong emphasis in lighting, composition and understanding the
changing digital world of photography and image creation. Classes
in sports, wedding, food, travel, fashion, nature, digital
retouching, basic and advanced Photoshop are all combined to give
you the ability to seek entry-level positions in commercial art
firms, advertising agencies, commercial photography studios as well
as the ability to freelance.
- Graphic Design students are taught in-depth
techniques in traditional and digital technologies including web
design and 3D animation in addition to general education classes
that include commercial writing, art history and mass
communication. Graduates hit the employment streets with a powerful
portfolio that commands attention from both employers and clients
alike. More importantly, our faculty will arm you with the
conceptual, strategic, and critical thinking skills that separate
you from your peers and create leaders in the industry.
- Video & Film students understand the emerging
trends in video, incorporating graphic elements like motion
graphics to short-format film. Video professionals are now being
asked to do more with advances in technology, like uploading
content directly to the web and understanding how to use graphics
within video.Nossi's degree program concentrates on various
aspects of video while incorporating graphic design, to enhance a
student's skillset by deepening their understanding of the
industry. In addition to fundamentals like writing, shooting,
editing and directing, Nossi College also teaches design,
marketing, and business courses.
- Commercial Illustration students learn the traditional and digital mediums to make them successful in a commercial world. With unique studios and an anatomy lab, illustration students learn a strong foundation in illustration and design so they can take on multiple career opportunities. From comic art to book publishing and 3D technologies, our students can find their perfect fit and produce strong portfolios by graduation.