Nossi College of Art
Nossi College of Art Photo #2 - Working in our large studio gives us plenty of room to move around. This is one of four total studios dedicated to photography and videography degree programs.
Nossi College of Art Photo #4 - Mock Interviews, something each graduating senior goes through for education, experience and feedback. Great interview experience, plus many of our students land jobs or have access to great opportunities!
Nossi College of Art Photo #5 - Working on a photo shoot with Musician, Phil Vassar. We help with photography, some video and graphic design needs for his team!
Nossi College of Art Photo #6 - On location video project. This was a documentary for a local nonprofit, St. Luke's Community House.
Nossi College of Art Photo #7 - On location shoot for Nossi's Photography and Videography class. Downtown Nashville high rise Condo is a great setting for fashion class!
Nossi College of Art Photo #9 - Anatomy studio, the illustration students and all design students have to go through a basic drawing class to understand the importance of all the tools available to you - with pen and paper or a computer.
- Nossi College of Art was started by an artist, Ms. Nossi, and for nearly half a century it`s where student artists in Nashville have found a home. Nossi College was built around your imagination. You can let your creative mind run wild as you train for your career in an awesome field like photography, graphic design, illustration, video and film, or web and interactive design.
- Nossi is the only college in Tennessee designed specifically as an art school. Our new modern campus took three full years from idea to completion because we wanted to get everything just right. Our design and editing labs were created to mimic pro-level labs and are equipped with industry-standard software and tech. We boast one of the largest instructional photography studios in the region. If there`s a campus better designed to encourage creativity, we haven`t seen it.
- Step onto our campus and it won`t take long to see why our students say, "I`m different. I`m Nossi." If people say you are different, then welcome home. https://nossi.edu/about/
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Nossi College of Art||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||48 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||300 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||300 students||369 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,900||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$29,500||$12,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$12,516||$6,297|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Colors Club for LGBT Students and Allies, Nossi Fashion Creatives, Nossi Veteran's Group, NossiMICs (music industry club), Outdoors Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Kappa Pi - Eta Tau
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- From graphic and web design to photography, motion graphics to 3D Animation, plus video and film career options, Nossi College of Art graduates have gone on to successful, professional careers in advertising, photography, computer graphics, video and film careers plus so much more. Nossi College of Art offers Associate and Bachelor's degrees in the professional arts - Photography, Graphic Design, Interactive and Web Design, Video & Film and Illustration.
- We assist our students with financial aid for those who qualify and provide job placement assistance to all our graduates. With both day and night classes available year round our students are able to schedule classes around jobs and families.
- Students who enroll can expect to receive instruction in a variety of courses designed to teach and train individuals to be professional, commercial artists. Classes in advertising, graphic design, illustration, photography and videography teach students critical time-saving techniques that enable them to ultimately produce work within deadlines and with the creative skill necessary in the industry. We also offer marketing, business and social media courses to better understand the business behind the methods.
- In Commercial Digital Photography, the curriculum includes experience in basic and advanced camera techniques, a strong emphasis on lighting and composition and understanding the changing digital world of photography and image creation. Sports, advertising, fashion, nature, digital retouching, basic and advanced Photoshop, are all combined to give the student the ability to seek entry-level positions in commercial art firms, advertising agencies, commercial photography studios as well as the ability to freelance.
- For the Bachelor of Graphic Arts programs, students are taught in-depth techniques in traditional and digital technologies including web design and 3D animation in addition to general education classes that include commercial writing, art history and mass communication. Graduates hit the employment streets with a powerful portfolio that commands attention from both employers and clients alike. More importantly, our faculty will arm you with the conceptual, strategic, and critical thinking skills that will separate you from your peers and create leaders in the industry.
- The Bachelors Degree in Videography at Nossi College of Art highlights an emerging trend in video, incorporating graphic elements like motion graphics to short-format film. Video professionals are now being asked to do more with advances in technology, like uploading content directly to the web and understanding how to use graphics within video. Nossi's degree program concentrates on various aspects of video while incorporating graphic design, to enhance a student's skillset by deepening their understanding of the industry. In addition to fundamentals like writing, shooting, editing and directing, Nossi College also teaches design, marketing and business courses.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Nossi College of Art is Miller-Motte Technical College-Madison (2.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 319 students | 2.00 Mi1515 Gallatin Pike North
Madison,  TN  37115
- 1,782 students | 2.60 Mi1524 Gallatin Rd
Nashville,  TN  37206
- 304 students | 7.10 Mi2298 Rosa L Parks Blvd
Nashville,  TN  37228
- 380 students | 7.80 Mi441 Donelson Pk Ste 150
Nashville,  TN  37214
- 369 students | 8.00 Mi750 Envious Lane
Nashville,  TN  37217
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.