Watkins College of Art Design & Film
Watkins College of Art Design & Film places among the top 20% of community colleges in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Watkins College of Art Design & Film||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||304 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||230 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||74 students||262 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||113|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,000||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Watkins College of Art Design & Film is John A Gupton College (2.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 129 students | 2.60 Mi1616 Church St
Nashville,  TN  37203
- 472 students | 4.70 Mi4210 Harding Pike
Nashville,  TN  37205
- 10,193 students | 5.10 Mi120 White Bridge Rd
Nashville,  TN  37209
- 89 students | 6.20 Mi560 Royal Parkway
Nashville,  TN  37214
- 369 students | 6.70 Mi750 Envious Lane
Nashville,  TN  37217
As careers in science, technology, engineering, and math become more prevalent, community colleges are shifting their focus to meet demand and secure their place in a rapidly changing educational landscape.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.