- Located 70 miles from Yellowstone National Park, Northwest College in Powell, Wyoming, is a two-year, residential college offering a blend of academic and workforce-ready programs. With 67 degree and 19 certificate options, you`ll build a foundation that will allow you to launch a career in a field suited to your passions. Each year, NWC awards more than $5 million in grants/scholarships to help lift the financial stress of paying for college-in fact, many graduate debt-free. Whether you`re interested in the outdoors or free art shows downtown, Powell has what you need to customize your college experience. During your time here, not only will you earn a degree-you`ll make memories, friendships, and genuine connections that last a lifetime.
- Enrollment: 1,461 students
- In-state tuition: $2,158
- Out-state tuition: $5,128
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 17%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Northwest College is a dynamic learning community located in Powell, Wyoming, near Yellowstone National Park. In this exceptional setting, students of all ages and backgrounds receive personal attention from a highly credentialed faculty and staff. Northwest's diverse blend of academics, access to emerging technologies, and activities equips students to think critically, to fully develop their potential, and to succeed in an ever changing world. Northwest College opened in 1946 with nearly 100 full- and part-time students and three instructors who met in classrooms borrowed from the public school district. In 1953 the name was changed to Northwest Community College, and in 1968 the college's tax base was expanded to include all of Park County. The name changed once more to Northwest College in 1989. Over the years, the quality of instruction matured, and a residential campus developed. Northwest's 124-acre campus is one of the most attractive college campuses in Wyoming. Its 57 buildings include 14 instructional facilities, four residence halls and 80 apartments for 750 students, a student center, a child care center, and a library with electronic access to other libraries. Northwest College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the National Association of Schools of Music, the National League for Nursing, and National Association for the Education of Young Children.