- Northwest College is a dynamic learning community dedicated to educational excellence. Through their involvement with the College, students acquire the knowledge and skills to successfully achieve their transfer, career, workforce development, and life-long learning goals.
- The teacher population of 100 teachers has declined by 37% over five years.
|Northwest College||(WY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||100 staff||149 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,652 students||3,422 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||20:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,022 students||1,085 students|
|# Part-Time Students||630 students||2,337 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||794||276|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,900||$34,500|
- Northwest College is a dynamic learning community located in Powell, Wyoming, near Yellowstone National Park. In this exceptional setting, students of all ages and backgrounds receive personal attention from a highly credentialed faculty and staff. Northwest's diverse blend of academics, access to emerging technologies, and activities equips students to think critically, to fully develop their potential, and to succeed in an ever changing world. Northwest College opened in 1946 with nearly 100 full- and part-time students and three instructors who met in classrooms borrowed from the public school district. In 1953 the name was changed to Northwest Community College, and in 1968 the college's tax base was expanded to include all of Park County. The name changed once more to Northwest College in 1989. Over the years, the quality of instruction matured, and a residential campus developed. Northwest's 124-acre campus is one of the most attractive college campuses in Wyoming. Its 57 buildings include 14 instructional facilities, four residence halls and 80 apartments for 750 students, a student center, a child care center, and a library with electronic access to other libraries. Northwest College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the National Association of Schools of Music, the National League for Nursing, and National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- The nearest community college to Northwest College is City College at Montana State University-Billings (70.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,531 students | 70.30 Mi3803 Central Ave
Billings,  MT  59102
- 4,374 students | 89.10 Mi3059 S Coffeen Ave
Sheridan,  WY  82801
- 2,082 students | 120.30 Mi2660 Peck Avenue
Riverton,  WY  82501
- 36,624 students | 163.20 Mi525 S Center
Rexburg,  ID  83460
- 4,253 students | 180.20 Mi125 College Dr
Casper,  WY  82601