- Located 70 miles from Yellowstone National Park, Northwest College in Powell, Wyoming, is a two-year, residential college offering a blend of academic and workforce-ready programs. With 67 degree and 19 certificate options, you`ll build a foundation that will allow you to launch a career in a field suited to your passions. Each year, NWC awards more than $5 million in grants/scholarships to help lift the financial stress of paying for college-in fact, many graduate debt-free. Whether you`re interested in the outdoors or free art shows downtown, Powell has what you need to customize your college experience. During your time here, not only will you earn a degree-you`ll make memories, friendships, and genuine connections that last a lifetime.
Northwest College serves 1,438 students (48% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is higher than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 23%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,438 students
- In-state tuition: $2,158
- Out-state tuition: $5,128
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 20%
- Source: Verified school update
Northwest College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Wyoming for:
The teacher population of 120 teachers has grown by 20% over five years.
(WY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Northwest College has declined by 13% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Northwest College diversity score of 0.35 is less than the state average of 0.39. The school's diversity has grown by 14% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,158 is less than the state average of $2,855. The in-state tuition has declined by 36% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $5,128 is less than the state average of $6,991. The out-state tuition has declined by 35% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
This rate is per semester for a student taking 15 credits.
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Northwest College is a dynamic learning community located in Powell, Wyoming, near Yellowstone National Park. In this exceptional setting, students of all ages and backgrounds receive personal attention from a highly credentialed faculty and staff. Northwest's diverse blend of academics, access to emerging technologies, and activities equips students to think critically, to fully develop their potential, and to succeed in an ever changing world. Northwest College opened in 1946 with nearly 100 full- and part-time students and three instructors who met in classrooms borrowed from the public school district. In 1953 the name was changed to Northwest Community College, and in 1968 the college's tax base was expanded to include all of Park County. The name changed once more to Northwest College in 1989. Over the years, the quality of instruction matured, and a residential campus developed. Northwest's 124-acre campus is one of the most attractive college campuses in Wyoming. Its 57 buildings include 14 instructional facilities, four residence halls and 80 apartments for 750 students, a student center, a child care center, and a library with electronic access to other libraries. Northwest College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the National Association of Schools of Music, the National League for Nursing, and National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Northwest College cost?
Northwest College's tuition is approximately $2,158 for In-State students and $5,128 for Out-State students.
What schools are Northwest College often compared to?
Northwest Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Northern Wyoming Community College District by visitors of our site.
What sports does Northwest College offer?
Northwest College offers 2 interscholastic sports: Volleyball and Wrestling.
What is Northwest College's ranking?
Northwest College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Wyoming for: Least expensive tuition.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.