Berkeley college (White plains)
- Berkeley College provides an all-encompassing educational experience designed to develop professional competencies and awareness for business careers and to provide the knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of our culture necessary to meet the demands of our ever-changing society.
|Berkeley college (White plains)||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||625 students||1,688 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||140||451|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||92%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||$13,747|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||$5,868|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Berkeley's educational traditions date back to 1931 when the school first opened in East Orange, New Jersey as a private institution dedicated to executive secretarial training for women. From an initial class of 50 students, learning in two rented classrooms in a Spanish villa, Berkeley has grown to its current student body of more than 5,000 students -- including more than 400 students in its International Division -- with six locations in New Jersey and New York. Berkeley College is a coeducational college specializing in business. With six locations in New York and New Jersey, USA, and students from 29 states and 88 foreign countries, Berkeley is widely recognized for its academic excellence. White Plains campus is located in the heart of the business district in White Plains. A high degree of interaction between campus and community enhances the College's commitment to provide students with an education that prepares them for successful business careers. Established in 1945, today over 600 degree students are enrolled in day, evening, weekend, and online courses. The College campus occupies its own contemporary building, which incorporates a traditional academic setting with cutting edge technology. Students enjoy all the advantages of campus life in one location—classrooms, student services, library, resource center, theatre, student lounge, and computer labs.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,021 students | 0.90 Mi325 Central Ave
White Plains,  NY  10606
- 13,916 students | 2.60 Mi75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla,  NY  10595
- n/a students | 9.30 Mi53 Valentine St
Mount Vernon,  NY  10550
- 93 students | 9.90 Mi967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John/'/s Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers,  NY  10701
- 1,485 students | 11.80 MiOne University Place
Stamford,  CT  06901
May 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
May 10, 2018
We’ll explore various degree programs for shy individuals who prefer to work independently, rather than in a team environment.
May 10, 2018
With more community colleges offering bachelor's degrees, the choices in getting a BA or BS are growing quickly. Learn about new bachelor's degrees you can obtain at community colleges, ranging from nursing to electrical engineering and every subject in between.