Berkeley college (White plains)
- Berkeley College provides an all-encompassing educational experience designed to develop professional competencies and awareness for business careers and to provide the knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of our culture necessary to meet the demands of our ever-changing society.
|Berkeley college (White plains)||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||625 students||1,701 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||140||451|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||92%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Berkeley's educational traditions date back to 1931 when the school first opened in East Orange, New Jersey as a private institution dedicated to executive secretarial training for women. From an initial class of 50 students, learning in two rented classrooms in a Spanish villa, Berkeley has grown to its current student body of more than 5,000 students -- including more than 400 students in its International Division -- with six locations in New Jersey and New York. Berkeley College is a coeducational college specializing in business. With six locations in New York and New Jersey, USA, and students from 29 states and 88 foreign countries, Berkeley is widely recognized for its academic excellence. White Plains campus is located in the heart of the business district in White Plains. A high degree of interaction between campus and community enhances the College's commitment to provide students with an education that prepares them for successful business careers. Established in 1945, today over 600 degree students are enrolled in day, evening, weekend, and online courses. The College campus occupies its own contemporary building, which incorporates a traditional academic setting with cutting edge technology. Students enjoy all the advantages of campus life in one location—classrooms, student services, library, resource center, theatre, student lounge, and computer labs.
- The nearest community college to Berkeley college (White plains) is The College of Westchester (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 916 students | 0.90 Mi325 Central Ave
White Plains,  NY  10606
- 13,916 students | 2.60 Mi75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla,  NY  10595
- n/a students | 8.60 Mi434 Main Street
New Rochelle,  NY  10801
- n/a students | 9.30 Mi53 Valentine St
Mount Vernon,  NY  10550
- 93 students | 9.90 Mi967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John's Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers,  NY  10701
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.