Berkeley college (White plains) (Closed 2020)
- Berkeley College provides an all-encompassing educational experience designed to develop professional competencies and awareness for business careers and to provide the knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of our culture necessary to meet the demands of our ever-changing society.
|Berkeley college (White plains)||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||92%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Berkeley's educational traditions date back to 1931 when the school first opened in East Orange, New Jersey as a private institution dedicated to executive secretarial training for women. From an initial class of 50 students, learning in two rented classrooms in a Spanish villa, Berkeley has grown to its current student body of more than 5,000 students -- including more than 400 students in its International Division -- with six locations in New Jersey and New York. Berkeley College is a coeducational college specializing in business. With six locations in New York and New Jersey, USA, and students from 29 states and 88 foreign countries, Berkeley is widely recognized for its academic excellence. White Plains campus is located in the heart of the business district in White Plains. A high degree of interaction between campus and community enhances the College's commitment to provide students with an education that prepares them for successful business careers. Established in 1945, today over 600 degree students are enrolled in day, evening, weekend, and online courses. The College campus occupies its own contemporary building, which incorporates a traditional academic setting with cutting edge technology. Students enjoy all the advantages of campus life in one location—classrooms, student services, library, resource center, theatre, student lounge, and computer labs.
The nearest community college to Berkeley college (White plains) is The College of Westchester (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 906 students | 0.90 Mi325 Central Ave
White Plains, NY 10606
(914) 948-4442 0.90906
- 11,121 students | 2.40 Mi75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
(914) 606-6600 2.4011,121
- 87 students | 7.70 Mi967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John's Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers, NY 10701
(914) 964-4296 7.7087
- 2,157 students | 8.60 Mi434 Main Street
New Rochelle, NY 10801
- 162 students | 9.30 Mi53 Valentine Street
Mount Vernon, NY 10550
(914) 361-6537 9.30162
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.