New Mexico State University-Carlsbad
Tel: (575) 234-9200
- NMSU-Carlsbad is a dynamic, quality driven institution serving the rapidly changing community needs and has positioned itself to lead the community into the 21st century. The college provides a leadership role in fashioning the future, anticipating changes in our community, and provides access to post-secondary education and vocational skills to address these challenges.
The teacher population of 54 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|New Mexico State University-Carlsbad||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||54 staff||72 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- NMSU-Carlsbad is a two-year branch community college of New Mexico State University and is independently accredited by the North Central Association. NMSU-C has a student population of approximately 1,200 students, approximately 28 full-time faculty, 45 part-time faculty and 70 full-time staff members. NMSU-Carlsbad offers a variety of quality educational opportunities. The college is the Eddy County provider of Adult Basic Education services (ABE). The college offers Certificate programs of 30-36 credit hours, Associate of Arts degrees and Associate of Applied Science degrees. Transfer programs are designed to provide freshman- and sophomore-level course work for students planning to transfer to institutions offering baccalaureate degrees. Non-credit programs offered through Community Services and Continuing Education programs provide a variety of educational, personal interest, and enrichment programs for all ages. NMSU-Carlsbad hosts the regional Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the Manufacturing Sector Development Program (MSDP) that serves business and industry training needs through customized programs. The college has a facility of 142,000 square feet at its primary Carlsbad campus with more the 500 personal computers for faculty, staff, and student use. More than 400 are networked and have Internet access. The remaining computers are used for testing and teaching beginning computer skills in the ABE Program. The MSDP, a state-of-the-art training program located on campus, is equipped with computer-integrated manufacturing systems and equipment, such as computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing, and computer numerically controlled systems (CAD/CAM/CNC).
The nearest community college to New Mexico State University-Carlsbad is Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus (62.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,427 students | 62.00 Mi52 University Blvd
Roswell, NM 88202
(575) 624-7000 62.002,427
- 2,803 students | 66.70 Mi5317 Lovington Hwy
Hobbs, NM 88240
(575) 492-2577 66.702,803
- 412 students | 68.40 Mi101 W. College Blvd.
Roswell, NM 88201
(575) 622-6250 68.40412
- 1,636 students | 102.10 Mi2400 North Scenic Drive
Alamogordo, NM 88310
(575) 439-3600 102.101,636
- 605 students | 103.00 Mi709 Mechem Dr
Ruidoso, NM 88345
(575) 257-2120 103.00605
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.