New Mexico State University-Carlsbad
- NMSU-Carlsbad is a dynamic, quality driven institution serving the rapidly changing community needs and has positioned itself to lead the community into the 21st century. The college provides a leadership role in fashioning the future, anticipating changes in our community, and provides access to post-secondary education and vocational skills to address these challenges.
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has declined by 30% over five years.
|New Mexico State University-Carlsbad||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||54 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,852 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||478 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,374 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.59||0.67|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,100||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- NMSU-Carlsbad is a two-year branch community college of New Mexico State University and is independently accredited by the North Central Association. NMSU-C has a student population of approximately 1,200 students, approximately 28 full-time faculty, 45 part-time faculty and 70 full-time staff members. NMSU-Carlsbad offers a variety of quality educational opportunities. The college is the Eddy County provider of Adult Basic Education services (ABE). The college offers Certificate programs of 30-36 credit hours, Associate of Arts degrees and Associate of Applied Science degrees. Transfer programs are designed to provide freshman- and sophomore-level course work for students planning to transfer to institutions offering baccalaureate degrees. Non-credit programs offered through Community Services and Continuing Education programs provide a variety of educational, personal interest, and enrichment programs for all ages. NMSU-Carlsbad hosts the regional Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the Manufacturing Sector Development Program (MSDP) that serves business and industry training needs through customized programs. The college has a facility of 142,000 square feet at its primary Carlsbad campus with more the 500 personal computers for faculty, staff, and student use. More than 400 are networked and have Internet access. The remaining computers are used for testing and teaching beginning computer skills in the ABE Program. The MSDP, a state-of-the-art training program located on campus, is equipped with computer-integrated manufacturing systems and equipment, such as computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing, and computer numerically controlled systems (CAD/CAM/CNC).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,303 students | 62.10 Mi52 University Blvd
Roswell,  NM  88202
- 2,803 students | 66.70 Mi5317 Lovington Hwy
Hobbs,  NM  88240
- 470 students | 68.50 Mi101 W. College Blvd.
Roswell,  NM  88201
- 2,095 students | 101.90 Mi2400 North Scenic Drive
Alamogordo,  NM  88310
- 895 students | 102.90 Mi709 Mechem Dr
Ruidoso,  NM  88345
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.