Muskegon Community College
- Muskegon Community College, an associate degree-granting institution of higher education, is a center for lifelong learning which provides persons the opportunity to attain their educational goals by offering programs that respond to individual, community, and global needs.
Top Placements (Michigan)
Listed among the top community colleges in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 163 teachers has declined by 15% over five years.
|Muskegon Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||163 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,640 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,710 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,930 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,100||$31,100|
- Muskegon Community College is a publicly supported educational institution currently serving nearly 5,000 students. Created by the Muskegon Board of Education in 1926, and housed in the then-new Muskegon Senior High School, it was one of only five two-year educational institutions in Michigan at that time. Community colleges are all about opportunity—to prepare for successful transfer to a four-year college or university—to acquire new or enhanced knowledge and skills that will advance your existing career—to earn a degree or certificate that can qualify you for a well-paying job or promotion—to complement and enrich your lifestyle with new vocational skills. Muskegon Community College, by harnessing the power of modern technology, underscores its commitment to providing West Michigan with an outstanding educational environment. Muskegon Community College, designed by Alden B. Dow, features an enclosed court, with Four-Mile Creek flowing under the wings of the building and through the court. The 111-acre campus is made up of the Academic Complex, the Technology Building, the Hendrik Meijer Information Technology Center, the Bartels-Rode Gymnasium, and the Frauenthal Foundation Fine Arts Center. Newly opened in January 2006, the Hendrik Meijer Library Information Technology Center offers students and the community the latest in communication capabilities, including wireless Internet access, state-of-the-art library facilities/technologies and classrooms, and an Internet café. The 40,000 square foot facility has three levels overlooking the woods and creek, and offers special services including interlibrary loan, photocopy machines, group study rooms, a quiet reading room, a workstation for visually impaired persons, and both group and individual orientations.
- The nearest community college to Muskegon Community College is Baker College of Muskegon (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,481 students | 0.20 Mi1903 Marquette Ave
Muskegon,  MI  49442
- 15,668 students | 33.00 Mi143 Bostwick Ave NE
Grand Rapids,  MI  49503
- 1,330 students | 45.70 Mi3000 N Stiles Rd
Scottville,  MI  49454
- 1,832 students | 55.00 Mi2800 College Dr
Sidney,  MI  48885
- 9,489 students | 75.00 Mi6767 West O Ave
Kalamazoo,  MI  49003