- Montcalm Community College creates a learning community in which educated and trained people contribute to the economic, cultural and social well-being.
Montcalm Community College serves 1,414 students (24% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 29%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,414 students
- In-state tuition: $5,820
- Out-state tuition: $8,430
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 13%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Montcalm Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
The teacher population of 133 teachers has grown by 129% over five years.
Montcalm Community College
(MI) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Montcalm Community College has declined by 16% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Montcalm Community College diversity score of 0.24 is less than the state average of 0.47. The school's diversity has grown by 37% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,820 is more than the state average of $4,928. The in-state tuition has declined by 21% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,430 is more than the state average of $6,848. The out-state tuition has declined by 25% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Montcalm Community College began in fall 1963 as an idea in the minds of a group of public-spirited citizens. It had become obvious to the people of Montcalm County that such factors as distance to existing colleges, rising educational costs, increasing demands upon institutions of higher education and the growing specialization of the work force were combining to form a mandate for local post-high school education. MCC has progressed steadily since its approval by area voters in 1965. Credit courses are available to students desiring selected classes or classes leading to a certificate or degree. Upgrading and retraining courses, a wide variety of non-credit and recreation courses, employment services, counseling, financial aid assistance, career planning services and tutoring are also available. A dedicated staff, student body and community have helped make the dream of 1963 a viable community college ' a learning community dedicated to meeting the educational needs of the people it serves. Whether you're looking for credit or non-credit classes, personal or professional development, or cultural or recreational pursuits, you're looking at the right place -- Montcalm Community College, your community college. Our goal is to provide excellent learning in a convenient manner. The college has enjoyed a long history of accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Montcalm Community College cost?
Montcalm Community College's tuition is approximately $5,820 for In-State students and $8,430 for Out-State students.
What schools are Montcalm Community College often compared to?
Montcalm Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Grand Rapids Community College by visitors of our site.
What is Montcalm Community College's ranking?
Montcalm Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Michigan for: Highest completion rates.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.