Montcalm Community College
- The teacher population of 58 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Montcalm Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||58 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,832 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||538 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,294 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,000||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Montcalm Community College began in fall 1963 as an idea in the minds of a group of public-spirited citizens. It had become obvious to the people of Montcalm County that such factors as distance to existing colleges, rising educational costs, increasing demands upon institutions of higher education and the growing specialization of the work force were combining to form a mandate for local post-high school education. MCC has progressed steadily since its approval by area voters in 1965. Credit courses are available to students desiring selected classes or classes leading to a certificate or degree. Upgrading and retraining courses, a wide variety of non-credit and recreation courses, employment services, counseling, financial aid assistance, career planning services and tutoring are also available. A dedicated staff, student body and community have helped make the dream of 1963 a viable community college ' a learning community dedicated to meeting the educational needs of the people it serves. Whether you're looking for credit or non-credit classes, personal or professional development, or cultural or recreational pursuits, you're looking at the right place -- Montcalm Community College, your community college. Our goal is to provide excellent learning in a convenient manner. The college has enjoyed a long history of accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- The nearest community college to Montcalm Community College is Grand Rapids Community College (34.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,668 students | 34.70 Mi143 Bostwick Ave NE
Grand Rapids,  MI  49503
- 16,031 students | 45.10 Mi419 N Capitol Ave
Lansing,  MI  48901
- 2,512 students | 50.60 Mi1020 S. Washington Street
Owosso,  MI  48867
- 4,343 students | 52.30 Mi1375 S Clare Ave
Harrison,  MI  48625
- 4,640 students | 55.00 Mi221 S Quarterline Rd
Muskegon,  MI  49442
Combine underwater adventures with scientific discoveries and crystal blue waters, and you may have a dream career as a marine biologist. Learn about how you can start your marine biology training right at community college!
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.