- Baker College of Muskegon is nestled in western Michigan along the beautiful shoreline of Lake Michigan and its scenic sandy beaches. Students can take advantage of Muskegon Lake, Bear Lake, and Mona Lake, as well as nearby parks and recreation areas for hiking, boating, skiing, snowmobiling, and camping. The mission of Baker College is to provide quality higher education and training which enable graduates to be successful throughout challenging and rewarding careers. Baker College offers highly effective academic programs which are accessible, market-driven, career-focused, and which lead to employment and career advancement for its students.
Baker College of Muskegon serves 3,481 students (61% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 50:1 is higher than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 28%.
- Enrollment: 3,481 students
- Private-state tuition: $8,280
- Student:teacher ratio: 50:1
- Minority enrollment: 14%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Baker College of Muskegon
(MI) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Baker College of Muskegon has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 50:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Baker College of Muskegon diversity score of 0.25 is less than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $8,280 is less than the state average of $11,103. The private state tuition has grown by 9% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Baker College of Muskegon cost?
Baker College of Muskegon's private state tuition is approximately $8,280.
What schools are Baker College of Muskegon often compared to?
What is Baker College of Muskegon's ranking?
Baker College of Muskegon ranks among the top 20% of community college in Michigan for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.
Simple Mistakes Cost Community College Students Millions
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.