Baker College of Muskegon
- Baker College of Muskegon is nestled in western Michigan along the beautiful shoreline of Lake Michigan and its scenic sandy beaches. Students can take advantage of Muskegon Lake, Bear Lake, and Mona Lake, as well as nearby parks and recreation areas for hiking, boating, skiing, snowmobiling, and camping. The mission of Baker College is to provide quality higher education and training which enable graduates to be successful throughout challenging and rewarding careers. Baker College offers highly effective academic programs which are accessible, market-driven, career-focused, and which lead to employment and career advancement for its students.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baker College of Muskegon||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||70 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,481 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||50:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,133 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,348 students||1,914 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,130 students||1,591 students|
|# Graduate Students||3 students||4 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||749||288|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,600||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Baker College of Muskegon is Muskegon Community College (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,640 students | 0.20 Mi221 S Quarterline Rd
Muskegon,  MI  49442
- 15,668 students | 33.00 Mi143 Bostwick Ave NE
Grand Rapids,  MI  49503
- 1,330 students | 45.90 Mi3000 N Stiles Rd
Scottville,  MI  49454
- 1,832 students | 55.10 Mi2800 College Dr
Sidney,  MI  48885
- 9,489 students | 74.80 Mi6767 West O Ave
Kalamazoo,  MI  49003
Learn how community college can be a great start for becoming a scientist or engineer.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.