West Shore Community College
- West Shore Community College, through visionary and principled leadership and team empowerment, pursues excellence by delivering high-quality, affordable educational services with student learning as its highest.
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Shore Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||54 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,330 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||458 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||872 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,200||$30,600|
- West Shore Community College was established by a vote of the people in the college's district on March 6, 1967. West Shore Community College offers a comprehensive general education curricula designed to meet the needs of students desiring to transfer to senior institutions and many occupational programs are available for students desiring to pursue immediate employment. West Shore Community College is located near Ludington, Manistee, and Scottville at the intersection of North Stiles and Sugar Grove Roads in Mason County. The 360 acre campus is approximately four miles north of US 10 and four miles west of US 31. Each semester evening classes are offered at high school buildings in locations such as Bear Lake, Hart, Ludington, Manistee, Onekama, and Pentwater. At West Shore you'll get more than a degree. You'll have access to top notch learning resources, including state-of-the art computer labs, library and media resources. Even with all these great resources our greatest resource is our faculty. At West Shore Community College, student learning is our highest priority. At West Shore we encourage our students to become active members of our learning community - to enter into a partnership in which students are asked to work hard at making learning their number one priority. We have an outstanding faculty, every member of which is ready to make each student's time on the campus one of special inspiration. These outstanding teachers, and all the other members of the WSCC team, are vitally interested in our students' success. West Shore is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. West Shore earns its accreditation by participating in the Academic Quality Improvement Project (AQIP). This new accreditation model is one that uses quality principles based on the Malcolm Baldrige Quality Criteria to judge its accreditation status.
- The nearest community college to West Shore Community College is Baker College of Cadillac (50.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,340 students | 50.20 Mi9600 E 13th St
Cadillac,  MI  49601
- 4,640 students | 52.80 Mi221 S Quarterline Rd
Muskegon,  MI  49442
- 3,481 students | 53.40 Mi1903 Marquette Ave
Muskegon,  MI  49442
- 4,502 students | 63.90 Mi1701 E Front St
Traverse City,  MI  49686
- 3,008 students | 71.10 Mi1290 North Avenue
Cleveland,  WI  53015