Lake Area Technical College
- Lake Area Technical Institute is a public institution of higher education dedicated to excellence in providing individuals with both technical and general education, thereby creating a foundation for career success and instilling a belief in the importance of lifelong learning.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,217 students
- In-state tuition: $4,930
- Out-state tuition: $4,930
- Acceptance Rate: 60%
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 10%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Lake Area Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Dakota for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Lake Area Technical Institute offers superior, comprehensive technical education,creating a foundation for success in an ever-changing world. The college offers training and education in Agriculture, Business, Health and Trade & Technical. Lake Area Technical Institute offers training for exciting careers in computer Programming, Networking, Cisco/Networking, Graphic and Web Design. All of these programs are 20 months in length. Since the first semester for all options is the same, the decision to specialize can be made later. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lake Area Technical College cost?
Lake Area Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,930 for In-State students and $4,930 for Out-State students.
What schools are Lake Area Technical College often compared to?
Lake Area Technical Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Mitchell Technical College, Southeast Technical College by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Lake Area Technical College?
The acceptance rate of Lake Area Technical College is 60%, which is equal to the state average of 60%.
What is Lake Area Technical College's ranking?
Lake Area Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in South Dakota for: Least debt for graduating students.