Minnesota State College Southeast
- Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical is dedicated to providing education for employment, skill enhancement, and retraining. The primary focus is to anticipate and meet the educational and training needs of students and employers. The college provides students with a strong foundation of general and technical education opportunities for acquiring knowledge, skills, and attitudes for a lifetime of learning. The college anticipates and responds to global, technological, and social changes.
The teacher population of 85 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Minnesota State College Southeast||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||85 staff||73 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical is a multi-campus, regional technical college serving Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and beyond. Choose from over 70 diverse programs in the following major career areas: Business and Office, Sales and Management, Health and Human Services, Musical Instrument Repair, Technical and Trade and Industrial. Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical is located in one of the most beautiful areas of the Midwest along the majestic bluffs and river valleys of the Upper Mississippi River. The location provides convenient access to Minneapolis/St. Paul and the security and hospitality of the Red Wing and Winona communities. Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
The nearest community college to Minnesota State College Southeast is Western Technical College (23.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,004 students | 23.20 Mi400 Seventh St. North
La Crosse,  WI  54601
(608) 785-9200 23.204,004
- 5,129 students | 40.00 Mi851 30th Ave SE
Rochester,  MN  55904
(507) 285-7210 40.005,129
- 22 students | 43.90 Mi3906 East Frontage Road NW/Hwy 52
Rochester,  MN  55901
(507) 286-1650 43.9022
- 183 students | 44.00 Mi2521 Pennington Drive NW
Rochester,  MN  55901
(507) 536-9500 44.00183
- 153 students | 52.50 Mi4955 Bullis Farm Rd
Eau Claire,  WI  54701
(715) 855-6600 52.50153
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.