Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is a publicly supported comprehensive higher education institution committed to increasing the potential and productivity of the people in its district through the delivery of high-quality instruction and programs which are consistent with current and emerging educational and labor market needs. General Education is an integral part of MATC programs which provides the knowledge and conceptual abilities that college-educated adults must have to achieve in occupational skills training and to perform more effectively in the demanding, complex world in which they live.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 12,618 students
- In-state tuition: $4,282
- Out-state tuition: $6,171
- Acceptance Rate: 54%
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 54%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Milwaukee Area Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- This four-block campus is located across the street from the Bradley Center. The Downtown Milwaukee Campus features degree, diploma and certificate programs for virtually every interest, and has hundreds of individual classes. Computer labs for doing your coursework and online classes are also available. The Downtown Milwaukee campus currently offers 47 associate degree programs, 27 diploma programs and 46 certificate programs. Community Enrichment Classes offered at Downtown Campus includes courses in American Sign Language 1, Business Organization and Management, Comprehensive Graphic Design, Environmental Science, French 1, Fundamental Photography, History of the Vietnam War Years, Introduction to Theater, Maintaining a Home Computer and Windows XP, Principles of Macroeconomics, Professional Baking and Weight Training/Aerobic Fitness 1.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Milwaukee Area Technical College cost?
Milwaukee Area Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,282 for In-State students and $6,171 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Milwaukee Area Technical College?
The acceptance rate of Milwaukee Area Technical College is 54%, which is equal to the state average of 54%.
What is Milwaukee Area Technical College's ranking?
Milwaukee Area Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Wisconsin for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown and Largest student body.