McDowell Technical Community College
- The mission of McDowell Technical Community College to provide high-quality, comprehensive educational opportunities and services which fulfill the personal development, training and employment needs of the residents, businesses, and industries in McDowell County and surrounding areas. The College acknowledges and values cultural, gender, racial, and ethnic diversity and seeks to contribute to the maximum development of the individual and community through open door admissions and readily accessible and affordable programs. The college is dedicated to providing quality educational programs and services accessible to students on-campus, off-campus, or through distance learning. These educational programs and services are offered, within the limits of a available resources, regardless of disability or previous educational attainments.
|McDowell Technical Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||82 staff||139 staff|
- In 1964, McDowell Technical Community College was established as the Marion-McDowell Industrial Education Center, located in downtown Marion, N.C. near the corner of State Street and South Garden Street. M-MIEC operated as a satellite unit of Asheville-Buncombe Technical Institute until September, 1967. The school moved to permanent facilities on a 31-acre site at the intersection of Interstate 40 and Highway 226 in Marion in 1970. Today, McDowell Technical Community College offers Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and/or Certificates in more than 30 curriculum programs. The College also offers classes in many areas of Continuing Education. MTCC currently serves more than 6,800 students per year with some type of education and training. The college offers a number of Occupational and Continuing Education Services, including Teleconference Workshops, Computer Training, and a variety of specialized programs designed to enhance an individual's employability, to help him or her learn a new career, to establish a pattern of growth and stability in business and industry, and to help individuals stay abreast of trends in their chosen field. McDowell Technical Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,056 students | 15.80 Mi1001 Burkemont Ave
Morganton,  NC  28655
(828) 438-6000 15.802,056
- 1,128 students | 19.60 Mi200 Mayland Drive
Spruce Pine,  NC  28777
- 2,057 students | 22.10 Mi286 ICC Loop Road
Spindale,  NC  28160
(828) 286-3636 22.102,057
- 3,876 students | 30.10 Mi2855 Hickory Blvd.
Hudson,  NC  28638
(828) 726-2200 30.103,876
- 303 students | 32.10 Mi140 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville,  NC  28803
(828) 398-2500 32.10303