South College - Asheville Campus
Tel: (828) 398-2500
- The mission of the college is to identify and facilitate quality programs of study that bring students together in an academic setting which encourages the development of educated, responsible professionals who meet the demands of our employment market.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South College - Asheville Campus||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||33 staff||144 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$24,750||$10,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$6,000|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- A private, co-educational, nonsectarian academic institution, South College-Asheville offers varied and well-balanced programs at the associate and certificate levels. Robert Talmadge Cecil founded South College-Asheville, formerly Cecils Business College, in 1905. The college's first classes were held in the Oates Building on North Pack Square but was relocated throughout the years to several different locations in downtown Asheville, including College, Haywood, and Broadway Streets, as enrollment and faculty numbers grew. The college soon became one of the highest rated schools of its kinds in the Carolinas and was one of the first colleges to identify itself with the National Association of Accredited Commercial Schools, an organization of more than 100 of the best business colleges in the United States. In October of 2016, South College-Asheville and South College, located in Knoxville, TN, compleated a merger endeavor. South College, Asheville Campus, is now a learning site of South College. South College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
The nearest community college to South College - Asheville Campus is Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College (2.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,892 students | 2.50 Mi340 Victoria Rd
Asheville, NC 28801
(828) 254-1921 2.506,892
- 2,186 students | 17.80 Mi180 West Campus Drive
Flat Rock, NC 28731
(828) 694-1700 17.802,186
- 1,627 students | 23.10 Mi185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde, NC 28721
(828) 627-2821 23.101,627
- 702 students | 29.40 MiOne Brevard College Drive
Brevard, NC 28712
(828) 884-8332 29.40702
- 1,105 students | 32.10 Mi54 College Drive
Marion, NC 28752
(828) 652-6021 32.101,105
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?