South College - Asheville Campus
- The mission of the college is to identify and facilitate quality programs of study that bring students together in an academic setting which encourages the development of educated, responsible professionals who meet the demands of our employment market.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South College - Asheville Campus||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||33 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||303 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||249 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||54 students||1,361 students|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,800||$27,500|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||81%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$24,750||$10,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$6,092|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- A private, co-educational, nonsectarian academic institution, South College-Asheville offers varied and well-balanced programs at the associate and certificate levels. Robert Talmadge Cecil founded South College-Asheville, formerly Cecils Business College, in 1905. The college's first classes were held in the Oates Building on North Pack Square but was relocated throughout the years to several different locations in downtown Asheville, including College, Haywood, and Broadway Streets, as enrollment and faculty numbers grew. The college soon became one of the highest rated schools of its kinds in the Carolinas and was one of the first colleges to identify itself with the National Association of Accredited Commercial Schools, an organization of more than 100 of the best business colleges in the United States. In October of 2016, South College-Asheville and South College, located in Knoxville, TN, compleated a merger endeavor. South College, Asheville Campus, is now a learning site of South College. South College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to South College - Asheville Campus is Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,507 students | 4.60 Mi340 Victoria Rd
Asheville,  NC  28801
- 2,088 students | 14.90 Mi180 West Campus Drive
Flat Rock,  NC  28731
- 705 students | 21.90 MiOne Brevard College Drive
Brevard,  NC  28712
- 2,069 students | 22.80 Mi185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde,  NC  28721
- 1,056 students | 33.30 Mi54 College Drive
Marion,  NC  28752
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Community colleges are now embracing middle school students! Learn about summer programs at community colleges that offer excellent learning opportunities for middle schoolers.
We look at the increase in online course offerings at community colleges across the country, and why this option is becoming more popular with some students.