South College - Asheville Campus
Tel: (828) 398-2500
- The mission of the college is to identify and facilitate quality programs of study that bring students together in an academic setting which encourages the development of educated, responsible professionals who meet the demands of our employment market.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 13% over five years.
|South College - Asheville Campus||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||33 staff||256 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$24,750||$10,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$6,000|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- A private, co-educational, nonsectarian academic institution, South College-Asheville offers varied and well-balanced programs at the associate and certificate levels. Robert Talmadge Cecil founded South College-Asheville, formerly Cecils Business College, in 1905. The college's first classes were held in the Oates Building on North Pack Square but was relocated throughout the years to several different locations in downtown Asheville, including College, Haywood, and Broadway Streets, as enrollment and faculty numbers grew. The college soon became one of the highest rated schools of its kinds in the Carolinas and was one of the first colleges to identify itself with the National Association of Accredited Commercial Schools, an organization of more than 100 of the best business colleges in the United States. In October of 2016, South College-Asheville and South College, located in Knoxville, TN, compleated a merger endeavor. South College, Asheville Campus, is now a learning site of South College. South College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
The nearest community college to South College - Asheville Campus is Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College (2.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,003 students | 2.50 Mi340 Victoria Rd
Asheville, NC 28801
(828) 254-1921 2.507,003
- 2,332 students | 17.80 Mi180 West Campus Drive
Flat Rock, NC 28731
(828) 694-1700 17.802,332
- 1,632 students | 23.10 Mi185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde, NC 28721
(828) 627-2821 23.101,632
- 751 students | 29.40 MiOne Brevard College Drive
Brevard, NC 28712
(828) 884-8332 29.40751
- 1,136 students | 32.10 Mi54 College Drive
Marion, NC 28752
(828) 652-6021 32.101,136
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.